• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Not Exporting GPS location

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until recently I have not had this issue - Windows 11, LRC 13.1.  My workflow now is I add Lat Long  to my collection of images by selecting a group of images and pasting the LatLong in the map tap.  Historically, that is all I needed to do.  I always "SAVE METADATA" and then export to a lower resolution version.  I have gone through all my catalog settings and tried several times and the location is not being saved.  So, then I add the Lat Long to "cropped" versions and SAVE METADATA and that is still not registering when I upload to Flicker....Regardless of Flickr, if I export a file, then synchronize the "cropped" folder and View that file and the map tab, nothing there.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024
  1. I write captions in LRC
  2. I save META in LRC
  3. I export to a designated folder that includes ALL META

As a test, I then sync the folder in which I exported the files to.  I review the file that HAD captions and the captions do not carry over in the export.

This has been my standard workflow for a long time with no issues.  No doubt the GPS LATLONG might have more moving parts, but the process is the same.  Never had issues before and now it is not there.

By @nospamme

Syncing their folder mea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, LRC is not exporting my captions as well.

exportmeta.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In fact, LRC is not exporting my captions as well."

Let's focus on captions, since that has fewer moving parts than GPS locations. Can you give a step-by-step of what you're doing to observe the captions not getting exported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. I save META in LRC

As a test, I then sync the folder in which I exported the files to.  I review the file that HAD captions and the captions do not carry over in the export.

This has been my standard workflow for a long time with no issues.  No doubt the GPS LATLONG might have more moving parts, but the process is the same.  Never had issues before and now it is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To see where things are going wrong:

1. Select one of the problem original files.

2. Change its caption in the Metadata panel and upload a full-resolution screenshot (not a phone pic) of the entire panel.

3. Do Metadata > Save Metadata To File.

4. If the file is a JPEG, attach it here. If it's raw or a large TIFF or PSD, upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here. If it's raw, include its .xmp sidecar.

5. Export the file. Post a screenshot of the entire Export settings window used to do the export.

6. If the file is a JPEG, attach it here. If it's raw or a large TIFF or PSD, upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here.

We can put the files under a microscope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a client asked me to do everything you asked, I would bill them approximately $450 for the labor.  It is a bug.  I downgraded to 13.0...still a problem...downgraded to 12.5.1 and it works as it should.  Adobe aka megamillions profiteers, please fix your stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"If a client asked me to do everything you asked, I would bill them approximately $450 for the labor.  It is a bug."

It turns out it wasn't a bug. The troubleshooting steps I outlined would have arrived at the cause methodically by showing which step was going wrong (or if there were indeed a bug), but fortunately Johan came up with the diagnosis more quickly.   In general, you can't expect Adobe to do such troubleshooting for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. I save META in LRC

By @nospamme

Syncing their folder means you are importing these exported images again. Make sure you see the import dialog when you do, and check that you don't apply a metadata preset on import that strips the captions and GPS metadata from the files on import.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WAS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM.  Thank you!  All good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines