• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not handing off photos to Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For at least the past 2 or 3 months I have been dealing with a very frustrating glitch and I haven't found a solution or received help from Adobe.  This is my third attempt.

When I try to transfer a file from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop using the Photo>Edit In>Edit In Photoshop 2023, Photoshop launches put the file I am trying to move does not open.  Right now I am using the updated versions of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, but this was a problem prior to the 2023 updates.  The work around has been to install an old version of Photoshop.  Experimenting a little, it doesn't seem to make a difference which older version I choose, it just needs to be an older version.

If I am the only person reporting this problem, I presume there has to be something going on with my operating system. (?)  All of that is updated and seems fine.  Windows 10 Home.  I don't know why the operating system would trigger a bug like this.

I am on a Dells XPS 17 with Windows 10 Home, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, 32 GB ram...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @W. Shane Schmidt, I'm sorry to hear about the continued trouble you've been having. Opening cold from Lightroom Classic (12.0 Release) to Photoshop 24.0.0 is working correctly for me so far (Windows 10).

Going step-by-step, do you first see this dialogue box with the three choices when you try Edit In >, either from the top Photo menu or by right-clicking on the image to open? If so, which of the three are you selecting? If you have multiple versions of either Photoshop or Lightroom installed on your system, how are your default app settings configured in Bridge? Are all of your Windows file associations set properly?

JEL_0-1666552105618.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, Mac OS Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem exactly

I have exactly the same problem, Mac OS Monterey

By @paulkaneiom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the 'link' between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop has issues, one of the first things to try is this:
1. Use the Adobe Creative Cloud application to uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic and when asked, keep preferences. 
2. Install Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic. 
Better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop with Lightroom Classic for several years and this is a recent problem.  I am not aware of any changes that I have made to any settings.  However, I don't get the dialogue box that asks which version I want to edit...it has always just opened a copy with Lightroom adjustments.  I haven't used Bridge in years...I fall back on Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this was my issue, I would un-install PS, restart the computer and re-install PS via the Creative Cloud App. That way, I think it's more likely that LrC will be aware of PS being present.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue in April 2023 on macOS with

12.2.1 Lightroom Classic

24.3 Photoshop 2023

When this happens restarting the Mac fixes this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the time.   

Uninstalling and reinstalling is only real fix I found.  Extreamly frustrating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines