Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not reading changes saved from Photoshop

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macntosh OSX Monterye v 12.5.1   LRC v 11.4.1  PS v23.4.2

I was working on a file in Ps and did a "save as" to change the version number of the file to avoid overwritting previous versions and I can't get Lightrooom to show the file. I can see it in the folder to which it is saved, but no luck in getting LR to recognize the new file.

1 -I tried to import the files, but they still didn't show

2 - I did quit and re-launch LR, but the problem persists

3 - I did a previous "save as" with no issues

4 - On previous files, the  "save as" scenario has always worked prior to this

One file uploaded shows the files in the import dialogue box, but they don't import, the other shows the file in the folder structure

I would like to avoid resetting the preferences file if possible. Any advice?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen capture show all the tiff files are in the same folder as the original nef image.

In the library module right-click the folder where the original nef is displayed and select "synchronize" and there will be a pop up where youn import the new tiff that were created in PS.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do NOT do a Save As when round-tripping from LR to PS! Use Save

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Your first screenshot shows that the files are recognized and can be imported. What it doesn't show is the rest of the import dialog, and the settings you use to import them, but there shouldn't be any problem by the looks of that screenshot.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan,

Thanks for the response. I see that I had imported them, but into the incorrect folder. When I tried importing them into the correct folder, they did show. I guess it is "user error."

It still doesn't solve the problem with the "save as" not working so if anyone can get me over that hurdle too, I would appreciate that.

Thanks again for your prompt which reminded me to check the "destination folder."

Regards,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, then Photoshop expects the returned image to have the name as defined in the External Editor preferences. If you use 'Save as' and change that name, then that may mean that Lightroom will not automatically import it. In the past it never did, more recently it often does work, but it also may depend on what you choose as new name. Best advice: do not use 'Save as', always use 'Save'. Don't worry: If a file with the same name already exists, then that file will not be overwritten. Lightroom will add '-2' to the name of the new image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines