• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not showing any presets

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched previous discussions and haven't found a solution. I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro and migrated everything from my old Macbook. On the old Macbook I used an old purchased version of LR and now have the subscription on my new one. There are no presets showing up (not even the ones that come with LR) and I can't import any. I've also made sure the box to show partially compatable presets is checked. I reached out to Adobe tech support and they had me change the file "com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist" to "com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist.old" which didn't work. Any one else have this happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound like a stupid question, but do you have any images yet in your catalog? You will have to upgrade your old catalog, but Lightroom may have created a new one instead. If you not not have an image selected, then you won't see any presets.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boy do I feel studpid. lol Having an image in the catalog worked. I'm having other issues with LR as well. One of those is the error of encountering permission issues. I select "repair to continue" and it says LR cannot fix the permission. Also, not all of my catalogs transferred to LR Classic. Any help would be appreiciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are running on a recent mac os x version, you have to give Lightroom full disk access permissions. This is done in system preferences->Privacy and Security->Full disk access. Just enable it for Lightroom Classic. It is supposed to ask for this but if you upgraded your machine it might not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I just tried that and LR isn’t in the panel under
full disk access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lee Ann274159420yqw wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I just tried that and LR isn’t in the panel under
full disk access.

Then you must add it manually. https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did that, but still getting the permissions box and missing some of my catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permissions box probably means you should reinstall Classic. You do this by uninstalling in the creative cloud app and reinstalling it. The migration you did probably did not work right. Migration is not fool proof with Apple's system, especially if you go from an older intel laptop to a newer M1 or M2 based one.

The catalogs are probably simply not in the recent catalog list. Just find them in finder and double click on them and they will open and be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help. I finally got everything running correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines