Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not showing my images of any SD card I put in

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I run Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.1. and I have Lightroom Classic 10.4

Since yesterday Lightroom doesn't see anymore the images on my sd cards. The images are there I can see them with Finder but Lightroom doens't see them. I have an older version of Lightroom in a macbook and it workds just fine.

I gave lightroom full aceess to the disc through the security and privacy settings and still nothing changes! I am desperate just got back from a big job and can't download the images! Any idea? 

Thanks!

Schermata 2021-08-17 alle 21.51.26.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the source section, try selecting the folder MISC below the DCIM folder that you have checked.

Or click on the small triangle to expand the DCIM folder on the SD card.

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 4.47.03 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing, I have been using Lightroom for 11 years now, I know the program, I tried clicking on the DCIM folder and every single folder inside it, same thing, nothing appears. It's the same with all the memory cards with all my devices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note how that triangle thingy (does anyone have  the proper name?) is solid, unlike dotted for that Misc folder, This means a sub folder exists, expand the DCIM folder. A sub folder will appear, depending on hoe full that subfolder gets, their could be mote (on an SD card in camera, typically 999 images, then a new folder, folder name relates to photo names)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I just noticed it when I had a second look.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So MACOS  High Sierra. perhaps MACOS security settings that first appeared in MACOS Catalina. Specifically for Files and Folders, for what drives can be accessed, likely removable volumes not checked. Typically a user error in not paying attention to MACOS security pop up warning, answering incorrectly.

CatalinaFilesandFolderrs.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines