• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not syncing one collection

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read every single post with every possible piece of advice for how to fix the issue and nothing has worked so I'm posting mostly to see if I can get some assistance from someone at Adobe. I have ONE collection in my LR Classic catalog that will not sync. I did all the edits on my iPad and they synced perfectly fine to the cloud because I can see the files w/ all the most recent edits when I go to lightroom.adobe.com but for whatever reason, the files will NOT sync to LR Classic, so I am unable to export these files at full resolution for my clients. Every other edit that I have done outside of these photos is syncing perfectly fine. I have tried moving that collection, renaming it, forcing the sync, performing small adjustments on the photos, etc - and nothing will prompt the edits I performed on my iPad to show up. But files that I am currently editing are syncing fine. I do not have the time to re-edit 250+ photos and my client cannot continue to wait. I used Lightroom CC (which is syncing fine) to export JPGs of the edited photos w/ the smart preview so that my client could at least have something web sized to share but they are 1.3MB files that my client definitely cannot use for printing purposes. I pay $52/month to not be able to do something as simple as sync my files and I'm losing my mind, someone at Adobe please help. I'm on Monterey 12.4 and cannot upgrade higher because other apps I use will not work with newer versions. My LR Classic version is 12.0.1 Camera RAW 15.0. If I tap on the cloud icon in the top right it tells me that there are 7 files syncing under "Local Activity" but no files come up when I search for sync errors so i don't know which 7 files it thinks are stuck. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Lightroom Classic Community. I'd love to help you figure this out.

You've done a great job drilling it down to Lightroom Classic, where the sync is stuck. Go to Lightroom Classic & try these steps.

• If the below-mentioned option is enabled & you have set Lightroom Classic to store synced originals to an external drive, as a test, uncheck this setting.

SameerK_0-1670337637669.png

On this page, press & hold the option key to reveal the hidden options for 'Rebuild Sync Data' & 'Generate Diagnostic Report.' Generate the Diagnostic report & upload it to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share it with us.

• You can click on 'Rebuild Sync Data' in Lightroom Classic & then you must leave Lightroom at syncing for 4-6 hours or overnight to sync itself.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i did that and now its stuck at 47,158 photos syncing, making this even more frustrating since I need to deliver images to clients and now have to redo work i had already done. My internet connection is fine so its not a connectivity issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

second update: after having to reboot LR numerous times (like 10+) it finally shows that everytthing is synced and there are no sync errors. However, the photos in the collection that wasn't syncing do not have any of the edits applied to them. Again, the files show perfectly fine on lightroom.adobe.com, but this one collection shows the files without any editing - just as untouched RAWS. I have just rebuilt sync data with no errors and this is still happening. It's a huge loss to my productivity editing when i cannot use my iPad because the sync function isn't reliable enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add another ridiculous update - I spent all last night editing on my iPad, and this morning all of my edits had disappeared and had reverted back to the original unedited files. HOURS of work gone. If Lightroom had a way of viewing previous edits, I could revert back but this is not an option. And to make matters worse, i exported those files to send sneak peeks to client, who LOVED the edits i did and now I am faced with the task of recreating the exact same edits to make client happy when they receive their final images but I do not have even a base preset to begin with. This software is the biggest joke on earth for professional photographers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and before someone asks, the edits on my iPad never synced to lightroom.adobe.com or they reverted there as well so its not a matter of me just needing to rebuild sync data. The iPad edits just disappeared before they even synced to lightroom. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines