• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not syncing photos when initiated

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue here when trying to sync new photos from my external Synology NAS to my Lightroom Classic catalog: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/synchronize-folder-failure.html

I have the latest Lightroom Classic so this obviously has nothing to do with a Lightroom Classic update as stated in the link above and the external Synology drive is fully accessible and fully online and shows as being online even in my list of File Folders in the left navigation of Lightroom Classic. 

The case is like this...If I right click a folder in my lightroom catalog and select "Syncronize Folder" it will see the new photos -- in some folders it's hundreds, in others it's dozens. I make sure the "Import new photos (2550)" dialogue box is checked. But when I select "Synchronize," after a minute or two I get the pop-up saying "No photos or videos were found to import." So the catalogue folder in my Lightroom classic remains without any of the new photos added. 

If there's a post already with a fix for this, apologies as I wasn't able to find it. Trust me, it would easier to find and fix if I just found a solution here rather than attempting to explain the issue. Appreciate any help or tips!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Thanks for replying, no they haven't been previously imported or synced. I've even done Ctrl/F (I'm on Windows 11) to find several photos by file name just in case, but it's not this -- they're not there in Lightroom Classic.

It initially sees the new photos when I right click the foldedr in the left nav and select "Synchronizde Folder". It's at the point when I choose "Syncrhronize" after it sniffs the new photos that it won't sync them to the catalogue, instead I get the error message.

By @johnm41326068

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One reason this happens is because the photos have been previously been imported into Lightroom Classic, and so Lightroom Classic does not let you import them again. Could that be what you are doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, no they haven't been previously imported or synced. I've even done Ctrl/F (I'm on Windows 11) to find several photos by file name just in case, but it's not this -- they're not there in Lightroom Classic.

It initially sees the new photos when I right click the foldedr in the left nav and select "Synchronizde Folder". It's at the point when I choose "Syncrhronize" after it sniffs the new photos that it won't sync them to the catalogue, instead I get the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @johnm41326068

This is typical and correct behavior for Synchronize Folders when the photos have previously been imported into Lightroom Classic. Searching in Windows 11 is not the issue here, and your search using Windows 11 does not help understand if the photos are already in Lightroom Classic. You need to search in Lightroom Classic for one of these photos by File Name. Please follow all 4 of these steps:

1. Click on All Photographs on the left hand side of the Library Module under Catalog
  2. Turn off filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
  4. Use the Lightroom Classic Filter Bar, search for the photo by file name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I meant I did Ctrl/F within Lightroom Classic to see if the files were in there by checking a few of the files it was refusing to sync. I was just clarifying that I'm on a Windows PC and not on a Mac 🙂  I'll give this step-by-step a try and come back to let you and others know either way. I'm wondering if maybe when I did the Crl-F within Lighroom Classic before I didn't have the "All Photographs" folder selected when searching for some of the files.

Your replies are super appreciated so thanks for taking the time to help me here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it, thanks again for the step-by-step. I've marked that as the "Correct Answer" so that others having this issue can reference it. Much appreciated.

What was happening is it was seeing the photos in my Windows (C) / Photos / directory, which is where I move the photos from my camera and phone devices to the computer. Not sure why it's added my local drive photos directory to the left nav of Lightroom Classic, but that's a different issue that I'll try to figure out since I only want Lightroom Classic sniffing the Pictures directory of my external Synology NAS, not my physical computer's local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines