• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic not syncing to classic

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic will not sync all edits, flags and rating for collections if edits are done on a device. All the edits, flags and ratings show on lightroom.adobe.com. This is issue has been on going for at least two years. I have rebuilt the sync data several times. I have deleted the sync data file from my mac. I have uninstalled Lightroom classic and re-installed. The issue has has been consistent. I have contact adobe support over the phone twice this year about this issue. The first time I was supposed to be contacted by the senior team and never got a call, yet adobe closed my ticket claiming they contacted me. They didn't. I fixed the issues myself, but after the last update I'm having the same issue. I called adobe support yesterday and after spending my whole lunch break from work no solution. The issue was supposed to be escalated to a senior tech and I was supposed to get a call today from a senior tech. The call came from a NO CALLER ID. They left message, i called back just to get told that the issue was not escalated and I have to wait for another call back from a senior tech. This is an ongoing issue and its very clear adobe cant fix it. I have imported to Lightroom classic another collection of images that is syncing collectedly  after the the collection that I am having an issue with. I am beyond frustrated at this issue and the customer service provided by adobe. It's clearly an issue with Lightroom classic and mobile that randomly happens with syncing. I am using a mac on OS 12.0.1  and Lightroom classic 11.0.1. 

I am ready to jump to capture one but they don't offer a mobile app. Can anyone help, because its clear adobe cant fix this issue!!!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if you mean- Syncing Classic to Classic? Read on- (if not- ignore this post. I misunderstood your topic.)

Syncing Classic to Classic? Not going to happen.

Lr-Classic will only 'sync' ONE catalog .

If you set a Classic Catalog-'B' to sync, then Classic Catalog-'A' is un-synced (if that is a word)

MULTIPLE COMPUTERS- How to use (Lightroom Queen)

SYNC FAQ

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, is pointing out a basic function of Lightroom Classic which is you can only open one Catalog at any point in time and LrC cannot sync to LrC on another computer.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only sync on one computer and the issue is the when i do any edits on mobile it will not sync back to classic even though the Lightroom website has all the edits and flags showing correctly. I import and set up a collection set in my catalog on my mac in Lightroom classic. The collection syncs fine, but if I do any edits from my iPad or iPhone some of the edits sync back to classic fine and others don't. The Lightroom website will have all the edits fine but classic wont. If I do the edits in classic they sync find but not the other way from the iPad via mobile. It's something that happens randomly. I know other photographers having the same issue. I have already done several troubleshooting steps that adobe recommended, still does not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only sync on one computer and the issue is the when i do any edits on mobile it will not sync back to classic even though the Lightroom website has all the edits and flags showing correctly. I import and set up a collection set in my catalog on my mac in Lightroom classic. The collection syncs fine, but if I do any edits from my iPad or iPhone some of the edits sync back to classic fine and others don't. The Lightroom website will have all the edits fine but classic wont. If I do the edits in classic they sync fine but not the other way from the iPad via mobile. It's something that happens randomly. I know other photographers having the same issue. I have already done several troubleshooting steps that adobe recommended, still does not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i meant classic to mobile 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been almost a year since communications in the thread. Are you still having problems syncing LrC to Lr Mobile?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I fixed it months ago and now today it did  didn't sync from mobile. If I go on adobe.Lightroom.com everything I did on my iPad shows. In classic it's shows a 3rd of the edits. I've wasted hours trying to get this fixed again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences, and in the Lightroom Sync tab, hold Alt/Option to reveal two new buttons. One will create a log, the other will rebuild the sync data. Try rebuilding the data. If this fails, create a log which should give indicators of where the issue is. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did the rebuild sync data Lightroom crashed and restarted. Same thing when I did a generate diagnostic report. At this point I'm just going to have to give up Lightroom and go to capture one and lose the mobile editing. It's been 2 years of this off and on and it's always an issue when I have a major deadline to meet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've 660000+ images in a catalog and don't have these issues. Yes I do have issues from time to time, and people here have helped me. If you catalog is crashing out when you're doing basic functions like rebuilding the sync data, then it sounds like an issue in the actual catalog. You can export all the images with File> Export as Catalog and start to use this instead. As a tester, see what File>Optimise Catalog does. If this fails, the catalog itself is starting to corrupt. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Optimizing didn't work either. This happens every 3-6 months. I flagged and edited 360 images for an event and only 134 show flagged. It's beyond frustrating at this point. I may not have a choice but to use Lightroom CC because everything shows there correctly with the edits and flags. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the Export as Catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just some thoughts and questions.

Present version numbers of LrC application and macOS?

Where is your LrC Catalog file located?

Make sure you have provided Full Disk access to LrC in your macOS preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 12.0.1 

Mac OS: Ventura 13.0.1

LrC is on my computer hard drive and has full access. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the attached for known issues with macOS Ventura.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

And this https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-...

Also how about the location of your Catalog file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the catalog is on my mac hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these known issues talk about syncing with mobile and classic.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled LrC, deleted all

the sync data files and rebuild the sync data and still only half the images from the collection I've worked on sync back to classic. Everything is still in Lightroom cloud and mobile correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote, “ the catalog is on my mac hard drive”

Dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this method, hopefully it'll work

Go to Lightroom Classic  then go to Preferences then go to Lightroom Sync, Here Sync Activity and allow the dialog 30 seconds to refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines