• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic op Mac Mini met M1 processor presteert slecht

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sinds kort heb ik een Mac Mini met M1 processor. 16 GB intern geheugen en 1 TB SSD.

De perforemance is bedroevend. Zeker ter vegelijking met mijn Mac Book Pro van 2013. Deze doet het beter.

Er gaan geruchten dat dit een serieus probleem is. Het geheugengebruik is aanzienlijk. En er wordt fors naar de SSD geSWAPt.

Ik heb een test gedaan op de Mac mini met M1 processor en mijn MacBook van zeven jaar oud. Allebei 16GB intern geheugen.

Na een nieuwe start en het opstarten van Lightroom zijn de verschillen tussen de MacBook en Mac Mini klein. Daarna heb ik op beide systemen 10 foto’s geïmporteerd. En daarop dezelfde bewerkingen gedaan. Belichting, uitsnede, aanpassen van scherpte enz.

Het resultaat is opmerkelijk.
De macBook:
Geheugengebruik 11,5 GB
Cache 2,22 GB
SWAP 1 MB

Mac Mini met M1 processor:
Geheugengebruik 13,57 GB
Cache 2,36 GB
SWAP 11,66 GB

Zie de schermafdruk van de activiteitenweergave:
Schermafbeelding 2021-05-22 om 17.16.17.jpeg
Lightroom Classic draait op de Mac M1 nog onder Rosetta 2, een emulator naar de 'oude' Intel chip.
Misschien ligt de oorzaak daar.

Als er andere gebruikers zijn van Lightroom Classic op een Mac met M1 processor zou ik graag hun ervaringen willen horen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic on the M1 Mac mini. Would you mind sharing the version of macOS you're using on the Mac mini? Natively compotibility of Lightroom Classic on the M1 Macs is planned for 2021 & the app currently runs under Rosetta emulation. You can check more details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html#AppleSiliconcompatibil...

You can try the steps suggested below to ensure that Lightroom Classic has the necessary permissions:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

You can also try optimizing the Preferences of Lightroom Classic using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Nikunj,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using macOS  Big  Sur  version 11.4.

I have changed the settings and added Lightroom Classic to Accessibility and Full disk access.

Wait and see if this helps.

Looking forward to the upgrade off Lightroom  Classic for the M1 processor.

Regards,

Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Our product team is working on the native support for Lightroom Classic but we do not have an official timeline yet.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We would be happy to help!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today was the day. The new version of Lightroom  Classic for the M1 processor on Mac was released.

And did that solve the memory problem? No, it's still the same. See the screenshot below.

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-10 om 13.07.14.png

After importing and editing six photos, Nikon D850 45 Mp, the memory was full. And Lightroom starts working slowly. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-10 om 13.01.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, can you respond to this topic please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not take the issue seriously. And always referred to the preferences. There's nothing wrong with the preferences.

My advice: if you have a Mac with M1 processor? Don't use Lightroom!

I am now considering to canceling my subscription and switching to another product. Anyone a recommendation for another product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue since LRC 10.3. It is not usable anymore because everything is slow like on a 10 years old computer. 
I cancel my subscription to the end of the year.

Actually I try Skylum Luminar 4 and Caputure One. What is really impressive on this tools it the performance. Much much better than Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow, your posting actually got a reply from what appears to be an actual Adobe employee. That does not often occur in the community site. The community site is primarily meant for customers to communicate between one another. Not to get Adobe Tech help.

I recommend that you post your issue at the official Adobe Feedback site, where Adobe Techs are in fact paying attention.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines