• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic opens in the background but not in the main window.

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not get Lightroom Classic to open. I've tried opening it from the desktop icon, the start menu, and from Creative Cloud launcher and it doesn't work. I get the little Windows is working spin on the cursor for a second and then nothing. However, if I open task manager, it shows Lightroom is running

All of the other Adobe programs open with no problems. The last thing I did when I closed the program last was click the automatic backup.

I first tried rebooting.  Then I power cycled the computer. I reinstalled Lightroom from the Cloud Launcher.  Then I rolled it back to version 12.2.1.   Nothing worked.  The main window doesn't open but task manager says it's running.

I am on Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846

Any advice?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue may be related to the bug discussed in below linked thread. The thread also contains a workaround that might help. Let us know if it does or not

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-can-t-launch-the-most-recent-update-of-light...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be for Mac.  Does that work for Windows as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My mistake. You should ignore my sugestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines