• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom classic problem naming Diskstations under 'Maps'

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I had a chat with Adobe about my problem with Lightroom Classic software. But they didn't come out of it. Hopefully someone from the community has a solution. I bought a new PC and when I migrated the catalog and photos to the new PC, everything went 'right'. However, there is one problem. I hope I can explain it well. The Folders column lists the disk drives with the folder structure per drive below. 

My problem is that after migrating the catalog to the new PC there are now two Disk Drives (so I don't mean folders) listed that both point to my NAS drive where the pictures are. Both are named almost the same, only slightly different (large and small letters and a backslash at the end less). Under the old name is the root folder 'archive' with the entire folder structure underneath. Under the new name are a number of separate folders from the main structure that I did not use and are actually also under the old name. Some of these folders only have a few more photos. The new import is also here, but also as 'separate' folders, while these folders should have come under an annual folder. I actually want to have everything under the new name, but that doesn't really work. Moving the root folder 'archive' to the renamed disc drive cannot. 

See attachment: the top disc drive comes from the old PC, the bottom one is created on the new PC. I want to have everything under the old name under the new name e. and remove the old See attachment: the top disc drive comes from the old PC, the bottom one is created on the new PC. I want to have everything under the old name under the new name and remove the old one

Hopefully there is someone who understands and can help me...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

The "Duplicate Drive" problem needs a specific method to correct.

See this Adobe Help page for the steps needed.

DUPLICATE DRIVE displays same hard drive twice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Duplicate Drive" problem needs a specific method to correct.

See this Adobe Help page for the steps needed.

DUPLICATE DRIVE displays same hard drive twice

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Rob, thanx for your reply. I've tried what's said on the page you linked. But unfortunately it failed. At the moment I want to stick the two drives together and want to merge I become a failure: " There has been an internal failure: Error: UNIQUE constraint failed: AgLibraryFolder.rootfolder, AgLibraryFolder.pathFromRoot (error code 19) Statement: UPDATE AgLibraryFolder SET rootFolder = ?,pathFromRoot + ? WHERE id_local = ? " ... fort Your information: both 'Drives' are from the NAS, but are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello Rob, in the end, I concluded too quickly that the method as shown on the page of your link would not work. I took a little more time to understand it and in the end it worked out fine with this method. It did take some work, but I'm very happy with it... thanks again for your quick and good tip !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines