• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic "map error too many requests"

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am in the process of rearranging my pictures.
It takes a long time until the data is loaded and sometimes the error "map error too many requests" comes up.
Can anyone help? Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic. Please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system. We need the version NUMBERs and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

Please quote the full complete unedited error message, word-for-word, verbatim.

Am in the process of rearranging my pictures.

We don't know what this means. Please state the exact sequence of steps, in detail, leaving nothing out, that produces this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Version 11.1
Windows 11 22000.466

When I place an image on the map the error map error too many requests appears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please quote the full complete unedited error message, word-for-word, verbatim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Card error too many requests is word for word

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom Classic preferences

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just renewed my IP, so the error is gone. Maybe you are only allowed to send limited requests to the Google Api?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what "renewed my IP" means.

I have never heard any problems sending large number of requests to Google from Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea the router restarted , thereby get a new IP. Maybe it is also due to Google itself. But now it works again, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall a few of these reports over the years. It does seem to be an issue between LR and Google, with Google thinking there are too many incoming map requests coming from your computer. (But that doesn't mean it's a Google problem -- it could be LR doing something wrong in the way it invokes the Google Maps API.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to confirm that the error observed by thorsten40082701 is not an isolated case, I have observed the error many times over the years across multiple versions of Lighroom and OS (both Windows and Mac). As I do not want to agitate any of the great helps on this forum, the exact version of my current operating system and LR Classic you can see below. At this exact moment I am observing the issue once again. Yesterday I used GPX tracks to geolocate many of my images in Lightroom. After letting my PC sleep overnight, this morning the error appears as soon as I move the map in the map module or zoom in. My hypothesis is that it appears each time LR makes a request for data via the api with Google.

LR Classic: 11.4.1

Map error: Too many requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines