• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic SDK plugin development - get location of pixel (x,y)

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, dear community,
I am beginning to develop a plugin for lightroom which will be able to detect face, eyes etc by using machine learning. Based on theese obtained information I want to crop the photo so I could create portrait picture. I could not find any information in API reference or SDK manual whether it is possible to work with location of pixel(x,y). Does somebody came across something similarly? 
Thank you.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SDK doesn't provide direct access to the pixels of an image. A plugin must export the image (e.g. as a TIFF) and then read the exported image. See LrExport and related modules for exporting images. A couple of my plugins then use Imagemagick to convert the TIFFs to PPM format, which is much easier to read (without aid of a library).

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. It was very helpful to me.
Also if I may, I woul like to ask you one more question.
In LrPhoto.getDevelopSettings() I can get information about CropBottom, CropTop, CropLeft, CropRight, is there a way that I can also set these params? Because I could not find anything. Only in LrDevelopController.selectTool( tool ), I can insert param "Crop" but there are not any further information on how to work with it. I also found method in LrPhoto.quickDevelopCropAspect() but there was no option of centering the cropping or its position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the undocumented photo:applyDevelopSettings (settings).  In Develop, a plugin can also use LrDevelopController.setValue (param, value), where "param" and "value" are the same crop settings as returned by photo:getDevelopSettings().  (This too is undocumented.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This new plug-in may provide some insights https://github.com/colin0brass/FaceLabellingExportLrPlugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines