• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Search by Original File Name

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to search for images in LR Classic by original file name?

Thank you!

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DRF1000,

Once the image is renamed in Lightroom, I don't think you can search by the original filename. However, It seems like a great idea, could you share this as a feature request here?

Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into it for future updates\

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried ‘Any searchable field’ in the filter bar? If that doesn’t work, then apparently that field is not searchable.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe i can't locate an image by it's file name in a software designed to catalog images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe i can't locate an image by it's file name in a software designed to catalog images. 

By @mileece

Of course Lightroom Classic can find files by file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I cannot believe i can't locate an image by it's file name in a software designed to catalog images."

To search by file name, use the Text Filename criterion of the Library Filter bar and smart collections:

johnrellis_0-1630256908074.png

To search the Preserved File Name field (which stores the original file name before a photo was renamed in LR), you'll have to use the Any Filter plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to search by part of a file name and save that search?

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. Change 'Starts with' as shown in John's screenshot to 'contains'. You can save a search by creating a smart collection. If you just want to save the result of a particular search, then add the images to a new normal collection.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can perform the search, and then in the Filter Bar save the search by clicking where it says "Custom Filter" and then selecting "Save Current Settings as New Filter"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines