• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Slow

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beleive my Lightroomn classic is not using the graphics acceleration. It lists my garphics card and is set to automatic in performance but it is much slower than Bridge. I converted 39 .nef photos to .dng. In Bridge, it took 7.5 seconds and in Lightroom, it took 35.2 seconds. Same photos using same conversion settings. Also, I heard the fans on my graphics card kick in when using Bridge but not when using Lighroom.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think converting to DNG is supposed to use the graphics acceleration in Lightroom Classic.

Exactly what steps are you using to convert to DNG in Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use "Convert Photo to DNG" in the "Library" menu.

If it isn't the Graphics board, then it is my processor kicking in. I am using a 16 core AMD 5950 processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the CPU does the conversion to DNG.

I don't know why there is a difference in time between Bridge and Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you'll find the information via this link useful.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All is more than good on the system performance standpoint. Running AMD 5950x, RTX 3070 graphics, 6TB of NVMe 4.0 SSD, 64 GB memory. Since the performance difference was on the same machine with the latest versions of Bridge and Lightroom, it would seem the issue is with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines