• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic smaller icon after latest upgrade

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is, on the surface at least, a minor issue but, after the latest upgrade, I noticed that Lightroom Classic now has a smaller icon than Photoshop (picture attached). As a hobby user with several terrabytes of raw and tiff images going back many years and a relatively slow inernet connection, a cloud-based storage model such as that provided by Lightroom CC will never be technically, practically or economically feasible for me. This may be paranoia on my part but I am hoping that the shrinking icon for Classic is not a step along the road to de-emphasis and deprecation of the Classic product. For what it's worth, if CC had a local-only storage option and the same access to all adjustments, external plugins etc. that I currently have with Classic, I would consider upgrade/migration immediately.      

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Now even the size of the icon is a sign that Lightroom Classic will get depreciated?

I have to admit: you nailed it. With each update the icon will shrink, until it has completely vanished. 🙂

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No difference. You are imagining this because the LrC icon has been give rounded corners like all the other current Adobe program icons.

2020-12-10 08_28_33-Greenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I just got a sneek peek of Lightroom Classic 11...

2020-12-10 08_28_33-Greenshot.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cute. Ha Ha Ha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested, I am inserting a screen grab of the Photoshop and Lightroom Classic icons as they appeared in my Dock after the latest upgrade. As you can see, both have rounded corners but there is a marked size difference. I'm not assuming sinister intent here, but curious to know what has driven this change.

Adobe icons.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it's a Mac thing. Don't have a Mac anymore and never will again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you were assuming sinister intent. At least that is what you suggested in your original question The reality is much more down to earth, however. Adobe is just very sloppy when it comes to icon design and interface design.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR CC and it's the same for me. I googled this and found your topic here. The LR CC icon is smaller than PS, ID and IL on my Mac. So it's not just a LR Classic thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and FYI, I just updated a new PS update... I was thinking Adobe was shrinking all their icons, but nope, still bigger than LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Above it is a MAC thing. This doesn't, AFAIK, happen on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are simply complying the macOS design language with the new LR icon. The PS icon is still wrong size but I would assume they’ll fix it later. Obviously it is weird and anxious that they didn’t make the change all at once.

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 16.28.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct the Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC are aligned to the new MacOS icon guidelines.

Example:
Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 3.33.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I can't think of a less significant issue to be concerned about. I mean, really, the size of a program icon? Does it really matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some people see conspiracies everywhere...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines