Dealing with a similar issue as others. Been running LrC 11.5 since August. Last used 4 days ago. Tried to open today and it gets stuck on splash screen.
I'm running MacOS 12.6. Eveything is up to date. I have deleted all preferences and renamed folders multiple times. I have allowed Full Disk Access. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall several times, even installing older versions. Each time on launch the app gets stuck at splash screen and states Reading Preferences.
Yes, and I tried it both ways with the keyboard shortcut and manually.
I seem to have got it working again by downgrading to version 11.0.1. Which IMO is not a great solution, or even really a solution at all, but at least I have access to my catalog again.
Try logging into another account (you may need to make one); still stuck?
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting); still stuck?
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still, stuck?
Thanks for you reply. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but wouldn't creating another account mean I would have to buy another subscrtiption?
Tried safe mode and it made no difference. NVRAM and PRAM and SMC don't apply since I'm on an M1 mac.
No, you can still use that subscription to test.
I'm not sure if we're talking about creating a new Adobe account or a new user account on my mac. I did try a new user accout and the issue persisted. Tried Safe Mode, ran Onyx, as well as another Mac cleaner. Still hangs. It will only work if I install version 11.01. Anything later than that and it hangs at splash screen.
I am able to open a catalog in 11.5 but have no use of any other module besides the library at that point.
New user account under OSX.
Did you try uninstalling LR (do not save preference), then reinstall? Do this from Adobe Creative Cloud.
Screen-shared with an Adobe tech. Only 'solution' was to go back to Version 11.1, the last version that works without issue. Tech thought this would be resolved with next update. Unfortunatley, after upgrading to Version 12 today the problem still persists. Going to upgrade to MacOS Ventura and see if the problem is still there. My guess is it won't be fixed. Which seems to mean that I am paying a monthly subscription for an application I can never upgrade.