• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic suddenly slower

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LR classic v 10.4 just started running slowly last night. I'm not sure what the problem is. I updated it this AM to 10.4 and it did not resolve. I have cleared most of the catalog pics, I have plenty of hardrive space on my PC, I am running on 16bit RAM, my GPU is up to date., etc. etc. etc.

Anyone else having this problem? It can't process ANYTHING at normal speed. Even straightening and image takes several minutes for each angle to load. The XMP setting is unselected so that is no the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a client waiting on photos.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest that you open Task Manager to check whether LrC or if another application/service is hogging the CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My situation is that LRC is the hog. I even get a pop up window on my imac m1 saying that I need to force quite LRC. Any thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is using Windows, not Mac. Therfore, I suggest you start your own thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when LR is open and I'm not doing a task, it wil sit at 10-15% CPU. When I try to do an edit or even just change selection between pics, my PC fan starts going crazy and the CPU jumps up to 80-90%. No other programs have any more than 1%. I keep Chrome closed as much as I can too. I occasionally have PS open while working in LR, and curiously PS runs at completely normal speeds even while LR is really slow. So it just seems to be a LR problem, not a PC problem. It has me stumped (and frusterated!) but thanks for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be specific ... what editing are you doing that causes this?

Are you doing a lot of brushing or spot healing?

What is the setting of  Edit->Preferences-> "Use Graphics Processor"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now that you mention it, it does seem it's related to the brushing I do for local adjustments. Mostly the radial filter. I stopped brushing for that for a few days and LR seemed to get better... not AS fast as I remember, but noticeably better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Sync going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sync, no facial recognition. It is weird and random. Everything that the internet suggests is not what's causing my issue as far as I can tell. I may try to install an older version to see if that helps at all, not sure why it would be may be worth a shot. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having very simaler issues, a huge problem is doing any HDR a simple hdr may take 30 min. no other programs are running. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines