• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Sync from 2 desktops

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my main work environment on my home desktop (Lightroom Classic) with all files stored on drives.  I would like to use Lightroom Classic as well on my laptop for remote editing, with the intent to merge those remote edited photos (originals and all edits) back into the main environment catalog.  For connectivity, would/how would I use the 20GB Cloud space to facilitate this transfer/merge?  Any other suggested workflows to better streamline this?  Thanks in advance for any expertise!! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution is to use Lightroom (cloud version) on the laptop. 

Turn the lightroom sync on in Lightroom Classic. Create collections for the images you want to edit. Sync the collections so they will be accessible in Lightroom. Any edits you do in Lightroom on your laptop will automatically sync back to Lightroom Classic. The best part is that this works with smart previews that do not take up any of your cloud storage space. I use this same workflow with my iPad for editing.

Here is more information.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Theresa - I started using this workflow but didn't like the different UIs and functions between the 2 products.  Ideally I'd like to use the same product but seems that doesn't yet exist. I'm ok with a manual step or so to get all laptop originals and edits into the main desktop catalog, possibly via exports? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand the UI differences but I think it's worth getting used to. The workflow is clean and simple when you do. The edit functions are the same, just laid out a little different. Here are a couple other options. 

1. Put your catalog and photos on an external drive. Move the drive back and forth between computers to work on.
  2. Use a different catalog on the laptop. Create collections to edit. Export the finished collection to a new catalog on an external hard drive when you are done. Import that catalog into your main catalog. This works best if the photo location doesn't change. Having all your photos on the external drive is best.

Lightroom Classic will never have a solution to sync between computers. That is what Lightroom is for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines