Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Sync problems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I am having big troubles synching Lightroom Classic to CC. I have created a Collection from my catalogue, however no synch options are showing up, I followed all the instructions from the FAQ site. Does anyone know what my problem might be?

Many thanks, Yannick

Y5C70_0-1619287852616.png

Y5C70_1-1619287936466.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried syncing it manual or downloading a tool for syncing .ie,
File sync

Saida Slayter_STG Saydon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saida, what do you mean with syncing manual? Thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yannick,

Your screen-clip shows Collection SETS. You cannot Sync Collection Sets.

Expand a Collection Set to show the Standard Collection names- Do you then see the Sync icon beside the Collection name?

Sets.jpg   

My (Book) Collections showing Sync icon-

WobertC_0-1619294329871.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wobert, 

I understand .- when I expand to bottom folder (regardless of Collection oder Collection Set), there are no sync icons for me 😞

Y5C70_1-1619295995034.png

My System is 10.2 Lr-Classic also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC can only sync one (1) catalog. If you're using multiple catalogs that's what's causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnks Todd, but I am using only one catalogue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, very strange!

Your Collection screen-clip suggests (as does @Todd Shaner ) that this is not the Catalog that will Sync.

Sync1.jpg

Yet your screen-clip of the 'Cloud' icon suggests that it IS the syncing catalog!

SYnc2.jpg

Have you tried a reset of your Preferences?  Or a re-install of LrC?

Preferences Reset

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wobert, both resetting and reinstalling did not do the job 😞

One more detail: when I try to drop photos in the "All synched photos" File the following message comes up.

Y5C70_0-1619332252820.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meaning: "You have to activte synchronisation, to be able to add pictures to "All synchronised pictures""

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. So indeed synchronization is not active for this Classic catalog. What do you see when you click the gear icon in the cloud popup (you shopwed a screenshot before). This should bring you to the sync preferences panel. Post a screenshot of what you see there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y5C70_0-1619370449980.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks normal. Is the location on the Z drive currently available? I.e. is the drive, probably a removable disk, actually plugged in and does your user have read and write access to the folder marked for the synchronization location?

If that is all OK. I would log out of the creative cloud app (click on the little icon that looks like a big nose in the upper right hand corner of creative cloud. Reboot your computer. Open up Creative cloud and log back in. Also make sure both creative cloud app and Classic are updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jao, yes this is a NAS drive - setting a local folder also bings no difference. Tried logging out and back in as well as restart - no change :(.

As I already did a reinstall, both LrC and CC are up to date - regarding CC I am however also having an issue, I have posted another topic here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/error-quot-can-only-init-the-organizer-module-once-quot-quo...

On my mobile phone however I have CC installed as well, running on the same account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. What happens when you click the little disclosure triangle next to synchronization activity in the preferences pane? What do you see in https://lightroom.adobe.com when you log in with the same user name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y5C70_0-1619379962803.png

And in the online version - seems fine:

Y5C70_1-1619380049761.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding an image in the online version. Does it download to Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jao, no - picture is added to the cloud in online version but in Classic no "Mobile to Classic folder" or picture shows up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you have nothing in the cloud yet, I would try deleting the entire cloud library. This can be done in the Classic preferences -> Lightroom Sync -> Delete all synced data. Or from the web interface. Then test again by syncing an image from Classic and by uploading an image in the web interface to go the other way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just discovered the same problem today, opening Lightroom Classic 10.2 for the first time in a few weeks or longer. It is possible that this was the first time I opened LR Classic since the 10.2 upgrade.

Although I appeared to be signed in to my cloud account correctly, there was no evidence of sync activity ("Sync Activity" in preferences was blank), no sync icon near collections, no option to sync collections, etc. all similar to the symptoms & screenshots reported by @Y5C70  .

I closed Lightroom Classic and was promted to make a backup of the collection. As usual this process included the "optimizing catalog" step. When I re-opened Lightroom Classic it stared to syncronize as usual: blue icon over the cloud, sync icons on collections, etc.

My conclusion was that my catalog may have needed a refresh, triggered by the backup process, which cleared some problem that had blocked the sync previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles, you gave me hope to a new solution 🙂 - unfortunately backup or "optimzing catalog" did not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines