• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Sync to Lightroom Stopped Functioning, Hung Syncing "X" Photos

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large Lightroom Classic ("LRC") catalogue with extensive collections which, until a few days ago, sucessfully synced to Lightroom for mobile access.  For no apparent reason, LRC sync hung at x images (currently hung at 9,643 after attempts to troubleshoot) and would not self-correct when I attempted to "Rebuild Sync Data".  In an attempt to fix the problem, I have (a) cancelled sync for all my Collections, (b) removed all photos from "All Synced Photos" (after cancelling syns so no photos lost in my Collections), (c) deleted all photos and albums from Lightroom, and (d) confirmed that I have no documents in Creative Cloud.  Nevertheless, LRC still shows that 9,943 photos are synced using 49mb of capacity, though in fact nothing is currently synced to Lightroom or the Creative Cloud (confirmed in Lightroom and Lightroom Web).  Since Sync is hung, I am unable to sync any of my collections to Lightroom or backup to the cloud.  I would appreciate help from the community to fix this problem.  Please see attached.1. No photos in All Synced Photographs.jpg2. No LRC Collections are currently synced with Lightroom.jpg3. Still shows 49mb storage used and 9643 photos synced but no sync activity.jpg4. No photos in Lightroom.jpg5. No cloud documents in Creative Cloud.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things you should know about syncing from Lightroom Classic: 1. it will only sync smart preview copies of your images. It will not backup your images! If you want to have full raw backups in the cloud, you have to upload them through the Lightroom Cloudy Desktop app. Classic cannot do it (Add your vote to change this here:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-should-be-able-to-sync-full-raw-files-to-th... )2. Smart previews do not count against your storage in the Adobe Cloud so you will not see any space used. 3. you can't see the Lightroom cloud stuff in the creative cloud app. It is hidden from that. And 4. syncing from Classic is extremely buggy and often just hangs syncing xx images as you describe. Adobe has publicly stated it is no longer doing anything to improve syncing from Classic so unfortunately we probably have to live with that.  

Lastly, when I run into this (and it is every few days that syncing just hangs from Classic), I just quit (just click away the Classic is still syncing dialog) and restart Classic and it will catch up. This seems to happen when the computer goes to sleep while it is still syncing changes or when something to sync needs to come down from the cloud while asleep and it will just give up. Basically everybody has this problem it seems. Only way to completely avoid it is to quit Classic everytime you walk away and not let it go to sleep while Classic is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the reasons to use Lightroom was to sync files from LRC and have them on my mobile devices.  If Adobe on no longer supporting this then it may be time to look at other options for processing photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are supporting it but only smart previews. This is more than good enough for having them on mobile devices. They are also slowly fixing syncing bugs from both the cloud version and Classic. I was a bit overly negative mostly because I am still frustrated that they are not going to add new features to syncing from classic (such as syncing full raw files which is long overdue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-should-be-able-to-sync-full-raw-files-to-th... ). They do slowly fix bugs though and each realease does fix a few. It's still very buggy though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines