Exit

Lightroom Classic syncing images not marked to be synced

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11

Lightroom Classic 12.0.1

I have ~15 imagesin collectiosnmarked for sync. Lightroom is trying toi synce over 2500 images. soem of those marked as being synced are even in any collectio klet alonge a collection that is marked to synce.

I deletd Sync.lrdata as faklsly claimed was a siluton in another post.

This is inslowing me down and not allowing me to woerk. Please fix it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again in my anoyance and haste many typos!

I have ~15 images in collections marked for sync. Lightroom is trying to sync over 2500 images. some of those marked as being synced aren't even in any collection let alonge a collection that is marked to synce.

I deletd Sync.lrdata as faklsly claimed was a soluton in another post.

This is slowing me down and not allowing me to work. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check a couple of things to help diagnose-

1) Filter to 'Synced' Collections by clicking on the magnify glass icon-

2022-11-19 08_34_25-Lightroom Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

2) Click on 'All Synced Photographs' in the Catalog Panel.

2022-11-19 08_34_37-Lightroom Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

3) Do you have photos taken on, or imported to, mobile devices with Lightroom, that might be 'Downloading'?

Can you reconcile any of these checks?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response..

1) 

Crazyhorse_1-1668846756456.png

2)

Crazyhorse_0-1668846642219.png

3) Nothing has ever downloaded from Lightroom to lightroom classic

See attached detailed explantion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW CAN I GET SUPPORT FROM ADOBE FOR THIS ISSUE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep 'bumping' this thread and hopefully someone, with more knowledge than I, can provide some answers.

I note in your screen-clips you are using 4.8GB of Cloud Storage.

2022-11-21 23_50_42-Re_ Lightroom Classic syncing images not marked to... - Adobe Support Community .jpg

Photos you sync 'up' to the Cloud from LrC Collections do not use any space of your Cloud allocation, so this 4.8GB must be photos imported to versions of Lr other than LrC (ie. phone, iPad, Lr-Desktop, & possibly Photoshop files saved to the Cloud). That could easily be the ~2562 photos.

Note that Folders in the Folder panel of LrC will never show a 'Sync' icon. Only Collections show the sync icon, as do the individual photo thumbnail borders.

2022-11-21 23_53_14-Re_ Lightroom Classic syncing images not marked to... - Adobe Support Community .jpg

You have a D:drive folder location set for all Cloud downloads. Have you looked in that specified folder to see what has downloaded?

2022-11-21 23_51_03-Re_ Lightroom Classic syncing images not marked to... - Adobe Support Community .jpg

Something that might help you- Johan Elzenga has a suggestion for deleting photos in the Cloud-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/delete-originals-in-cloud...

A way to 'Reset' sync data is in Preferences > Lightroom Sync tab > Hold down the [ALT] key, and you get a button to [Reset Sync Data].

Support from Adobe is best obtained through a Chat- (Although you may get better answers from other users with knowledge of Sync problems).

Use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

In the chat field (lower right of screen), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that is very helpful I will work through that.

I don’t understand how I am using 4.8GB of cloud storage. I take some images with the lightroom camera on my phone and I would expect them to end in the cloud taking space. Occasional I copy images from my DSLR into lightroom on my phone but it will only be a few images, certainly less that 100.

I get it that only Collections show sync – and I imaged that one can only sync images that are in a collection that has been synced. What is puzzling me is that according to collections I only have a few images synced (less than 30) yet in the library it lots of images are marked as synced. What is causing them to sync?

Many of those images used to be synced (not all of them) but I thought that when I unmarked them as synced in Collections they would be deleted from the cloud. Preferences > Lightroom Sync tab > Hold down the [ALT] key, I got a button to [Rebuild Sync Data] and pressing it restarted lightroom with syncing paused. Will wait and see what it does. 

I will check out Johan Elzenga’s suggestion and resort to adobe chat when I have reached the end of the line!

Again, many thanks for your help.

Regards

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system: Photoshop 12.0.1, Lightroom (cloud) 6.0, Lightroom Classic 12.0.1, ACR 15.0, Bridge 13.0, Windows 11. No iPhone, LightRoom (Android) 8.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no resolution...

I have tried all the suggestions in this thread.

If I filter collection to select synched photos it tells me that there are 71 images in all collections that are synced.

However according to Lightroom (Cloud) I have 2592 images. Most of those are synced from Lightroom Classic.

I have a folder in Lightroom Classis with 134 images, 7 of which are in a collection which is synchronised, however all 134 are marked with the sync symbol. This can be verified by right clicking on the image and choosing “Go to collection” which reports “Not in any collections”. How can images be synced to the cloud if they are NOT in any collection?

Lightroom Classic is trying, but failing, to sync 10 images that are NOT in any of the 71 synced images.

I want to remove all images from the cloud which are NOT in the 71 that are synced and NOT ones I have taken on lightroom on my android phone. And stop Lightroom classic forever trying to sync. Then I can start again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Crazyhorse, There are two ways that images can be synced from LrC to Adobe Creative Cloud Storage, the first you are aware of that is from Collections that have been selected for syncing. The second is if you select images in a Folder and drag them directly to the All Synced Photographs. Those images will not show in the Collections section. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 11.06.38 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that is very helpful. 

I am certain that I did not drag any images into all synced photos. 

Mine shows 2592 synced as does Lightroom (Cloud) so that is a positive!

Crazyhorse_0-1669565401415.png

So if I right Click and "remove from "All synced Phots" will that remove them from the cloud?

I wil try and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attaching three captures which I hope will enable you to sort out your problems.

The first image shows an image selected in the All Synced Photographs, and the options available from the menu bar under "photo".

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 12.38.45 PM.png

The next image shows what happens if I hit the delete key, there is a popup that gives the option to click ok and proceed with the delete. The popup explained what will take place. You will note there is an option that you can select to not show the warning. I usually do not turn off warning options since I find them useful.  

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 12.41.17 PM.png

This last screenshot shows what options are available if you right-click on a selected image.

Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 12.45.50 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thnaks Denis, thsi is very helpful. I have propbably had enough for today -- its early evening in the UK and I have  been looking at this on an off all dy -- but I will investigate further in the morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines