• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic - Unexpected Error Opening Catalog

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using MacMini for my Lightroom classic for years now. Last week I upgraded to MacBook Pro 14 2021 M1 and ever since I am having trouble migrating from MacMini to MacBook Pro.

Below are the versions on both systems:

MacMini OS: 10.14.6

MacMini Lightroom Version: 10.4

MacBook Pro OS: 12.0 Montery
MacBook Pro Lighroom Version: 10.4

I have moved all my LR photos to an external SSD and copied the catalog files from the Pictures folder in MacMini to Pictures folder in MacBook Pro. After that I double click on the catalog file but it returns an error: "Unexpected Error Opening Catalog" (Screen Shot attached)

On MacMini the LR Classic is still operational and working fine. Its just that I am unable to migrate it to the MacBook. I'd be grateful if someone can please guide me for a seamless migration.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Its sorted now. I updated the OS on MacMini from Mojave to Catalina and then updated the LR version. After launching LR the catalog was upgraded which made everything fall in place. Copied this upgraded catalog to my MacBook Pro and life was sorted!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try copying the file from MacMini to Macbook again ... using different hardware if possible.

OR

Use a recent backup of your catalog file, and try again with the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its sorted now. I updated the OS on MacMini from Mojave to Catalina and then updated the LR version. After launching LR the catalog was upgraded which made everything fall in place. Copied this upgraded catalog to my MacBook Pro and life was sorted!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines