• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic upgrade catalog seems missing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Recently upgraded to Lightroom Classic  i don't remember saving any catalog since i used Lr few times on my laptop after the upgrade this screen pops up for a second a goes off i managed to screenshot it but i am confused! Help would be highly appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us will not download attachments. Please include your screen capture in your reply by clicking on the Insert Photos icon.

If you used Lr in the past, a catalog was created, and it needs to be updated if you are going to continue to use it in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after the upgrade this screen pops up

When you upgrade LrC, the existing catalog(s) typically need to be upgradedd to work with the new SQL database code that is in LrC. LrC will upgrade what it thinks  is the most previous catalog. see (ref 1). It copys the catalog, and upgrades it, creating a new copy. The old catalog is left alone, it still exists, the new caralogg will have a new name, tyically a suffix, in this case -v10

(ref 1): https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-upgrade-catalog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20210817_052957.png

 this is the screen shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should do the upgrade. Otherwise, you cannot use your catalog in LrC 10.0 or later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem is that the screen pops up just for second and off when i try to open it doesn't give me time to select to upgrade! 

I tried uninstall option and re install but same thing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never heard of that. The dialog box was there long enough for you to create a screen capture ... now it is disappearing quickly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened more than once so i decided to be ready to take a screen shot when it showed up next time if possible am going to take a screen recording and share it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the screen capture you posted there were two options available?

If you choose the upgrade option the update should have automatically copied your older Catalog and created a new Catalog. You would not have to choose save at any point in the process.

The screen capture also shows where the Catalog would be saved.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must have a catalog that LRC is referencing to get that screen shot.

You might try launching LRC holding down the Option /Alt key. That opens a new window asking you which catalog you wish to open... then you can click the old one, and it will tell you LRC needs to update the catalog. You can change the name or select the updated one LRC proposes and you can choose where to keep it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines