Lightroom Classic v11.3.1 ACR 14.3

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is no longer seeing HEIC files on iphone for import. I am not sure how long this has been going on, because it has been awhile since I imported from my phone. But it is very annoying to have something that worked fine to all of a sudden stop working. I have yet to find a decent work around. I have tried to import to Photos, with the plan of exporting as jpgs, then importing into LR, but not all of the images are being imported into Photos, so this is not working. If LR simply worked as it used to, Photos not working would be a moot point. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Thank you for your reply. I finally got on with Apple and we opened in Safe Mode and cleared apps starting on login and it works now. So essentially the permissions were being blocked somewhere, by some app. Hard to tell which, but the channel cleared and I was able to import to Lightroom. 

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the settings in Lightroom on your phone? Is Auto-Add from Camera Roll still actively when you tap the gear icon and Import? Do you have any impending updates on your phone?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And did all of the things adobe and Apple suggest too no avail. Everything is fully up to date. Why is everyone's first answer "is the vcr plugged in and turned on?"  More than ten  years of Apple abs Adobe experience. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that nothing has changed regarding the phone or Lightroom swings. The only difference would be updates.  Also the answer is unclear. There are no Lightroom settings on the phone, because Lightroom isn't on the phone. Not has it ever been. Not sure what "gear icon" is being referred to... to import in Lightroom, I click import. Select the phone and see a message "no images found". Even though there's thousands. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of your import dialog window while your phone is connected?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running MacOS Monterey and did you update it recently? Then this is probably a permissions problem. The requirements were changed with the last update. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox.

D55ADC30-CD3D-494B-B974-7D3C5CCDC516.jpeg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So I did all of these steps and rebooted, still no images. All I can figure is that they changed something in LR Classic and it no longer sees HEIC files, which happens to be what my phone is set to capture. Again, hasn't been a problem for years. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me update my answer. I just changed the phone to JPG, took a few images and LR is still NOT seeing any images. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing and can import all phone filetypes since the update - I use both the phone and Lightroom camera often. Occasionally I can't edit an HEIC and will restart Lightroom Classic and the problem goes away. Can you post a screen shot of your import dialog window with the phone connected?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I finally got on with Apple and we opened in Safe Mode and cleared apps starting on login and it works now. So essentially the permissions were being blocked somewhere, by some app. Hard to tell which, but the channel cleared and I was able to import to Lightroom. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be marked as Resolved. I don't see a way to do that myself. Thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for updating your post.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines