• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic v11.3.1 tethering with canon 5d MkII stopped working on macOS 11.6.2

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom Classic and my canon 5d Mk2's for tethered shooting for a number of years with no problem.

Last week both my 5Ds stopped connecting any ideas why?

My canon 200D works fine, with the same cables and system

I have also reset Reset Lightroom Classic preferences

• macOS: com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist 

Lightroom Classic 11.3.1    MacOS Big Sur Version 11.6.2

Canon camera Firmware Ver 2.1.2

Many thanks

Richard

{Thread title is updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm if the SD card is plugged into the camera? Do the cameras generally connect to the machine?

Have you recently updated Lightroom Classic, macOS, or the camera's firmware?

Please try to insert an empty SD Card into the cameras before connecting the camera with Lightroom Classic.

Once you connect the camera, reboot the camera while keeping the camera connected with Lightroom Classic.

Check this article for more steps to troubleshoot tethering: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html

Let us know if this works.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sameer

The Canon 5d Mk 2 has one card slot which is Compact Flash

I've tried it with card out, card in, and nothing on the card still not connecting.

The cameras were connecting the laptop and Lightroom last week, and stopped on a job.

Since then the 5Ds do not connect, but my Canon 200D does using the same cables and system.

I haven't updated OS or Lightroom (I did after the problem revert back to an older version of Lightroom but still luck) I am back to the current version of LRC

The cameras firmwire has remained the same.

I have tested the setup on my other mac running macOS Mojave 10.14.3 and LRC and again it does not work with my Canon 5D Mk2 but it does with the  Canon 200D

Thanks for the link, that's the first place I went too, and tried all the recommendations.

Any other thoughts

thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Canon 5DMk2 tethers fine using LrC 11.3.1 and MacOS 12.4 with the cable that came with the camera.

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 2.10.50 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines