• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic v11.5 edit in references "Edit in Photoshop 2023..."

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom v11.5 "Edit in" does not work. It references "Edit in Photoshop 2023". I'm using Photoshop V23.5.1. I'm also using Adobe Photoshop (Beta). Windows 11

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not (apparently) have an additional Beta of Photoshop installed, and you have just this years v23.5.1 installed, then the external editing preference entry for PS should state "Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2022".

Apparently by having installed a Beta copy, this link is fouled up. Incidentally is the Beta for 2023, or is that just a glitch in LrC?

Are you a registered/approved Beta tester? Do you as such have communications to Adobe? I suspect neither. Adobe allows installation of Beta versions via the Creative Cloud Desktop App, might not be such a good idea.I see the current Beta offering from Adobe is v24.0.

If you are not a pro Beta tester, I would recommend to uninstall both versions of PS, then reinstall only the official, released, PS

to read more on Beta testing, including by the way, info on how/where to communicate issues, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html

Having visited that link, I see the way to communicate with Adobe is to click on a feedback icon within the app and select to report a bug, to request a feature, or to visit the community (this community?). Disd you click on bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Photoshop (Beta) V24.0. There is no year indicated only
Photoshop (Beta) V24.0. After installing Photoshop (Beta), when selecting
"Edit In", if neither Photoshop 2022 nor Photoshop (Beta) were open, then
Photoshop (Beta) would open for editing. With Photoshop2022 opened and
then do the "Edit in", the file would be opened in Photoshop 2022. I'm
assuming Edit in Photoshop 2023 is a glitch in LrC.

I am not a registered/approved Beta tester. I uninstalled both Photoshop
apps and installed Photoshop 2022. If Photoshop 2022 is not opened the
"Edit in" does not work. With Photoshop 2022 open, the "Edit In" works. LrC
v11.5 still references "Edit in Photoshop 2023".

Problem solved. Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to reset the LrC prefetence file.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive uninstalls, updates, and upgrades. By renaming or moving or deleting the preference file you create a situation where LrC will recreate a fresh new one upon startup of LrC. Be aware various settings will revert to defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There wasn't any warning, but I uninstalled and all is working fine again, thanks. I installed it because I was curious for the new 'neural filter reatauration old photo's'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least on this end, using multiple versions of Photoshop (released and beta), LR's 'default' to Edit In is the newer (newest) version. You can set up additional "External Editor" the app's for older versions but the key command and Edit In Photoshop seem to always launch the newest. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines