Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Classic v11 crashes during import

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running LR Classic v11 on an iMac itself running macOS Monterey v 12.0.1

When importing RAW files from a SanDisk SD card, the following happens:

The import Screen appears and the file jpeg previews appear as normal.

Key Words are added and the Import Button is pressed.

The first image preview is shown and the import information is shown as normal in the top left hand side of the screen.

It is at this point that the import process stalls and the only way to exit is to use macOS "Force Quit"

Additional Information:

When the macOS Finder is used to view the files associated with the LR catalogue (these files are stored on a Samsung SSD), it is clear that LR created the appropriate dated folder for the files and copied the files into that folder, as anticipated.

If LR is run again, it loads quickly as normal. However, the new folder created at Imput, does not show in the catalogue listing.

However, if, at this stage, a new Import is instigated and the files to be imported are located in the newly created folder (the one created at import), then the import occurs as it should (i.e. the files appear in the develop module as normal and the app. runs normally). 

I have tried the process using different SD cards in order to eliminate the possibility that the SD card is corrupt. However, the same errors occur.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?