• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic v11 - Folder Structure Disappears

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to post this in case other's might be experiencing this issue as well... 

I am running the latest version of Lightroom Classic(11) and on Mac / Monterey.

Since upgrading to v11, I have repeatedly been experiencing an issue where LR slows dramatically and eventually after a quit and restart (of LR) the "Folders" section of the library module is empty. No reference to any of my file structure. All of the imagery is still in the catalog and collections are there, but there is no way to navigate to any files. If you right click an image and select "show file in library".. nothing happens. I then have to revert to a previously saved version to get it back up and running and redo any organizational work I might have done.

I have tried a complete uninstall, reinstall and re-upgrade from a v10 catalog and that worked for a bit but ultimately started to have the same issue again. I am contantly saving and closing the catalog to continuously have a "reent" version to fall back to, but this is untenable.... I have been using Lightroom Classic since V1 and am fairly savvy... All previous versions have for the most part functioned without incident. Absolutely NOTHING has changed with my hardware for over a year... NOTHING. 

Just putting this out there in case anyone else is seeing similar behavior...

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always try resetting the LrC preferences.

But this sounds to me like a possible hardware malfunction. Hard disk or memory chip malfunction to be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did indeed do the preferences reset as well. Should have said that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never seen this including under Monterey unless, my external drive which houses all my images/folders gets disconnected or powers off. I agree: this sounds to me like a possible hardware issue. Maybe try another drive. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! Responses much appreciated... Full battery of hardware diagnostics just completed.. No Issues found. Also, I am not seeing issues with any other programs, and LR10 works fine. If my HD did power off or disconnect, the file structure would still appear, with indicators that the assets are offline. In this instance there is NOTHING in the Folders panel.. NOTHING. Yet all of the images (260K) are present.🤷🏼‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hursey,

Just to be sure, can you clarify that the "Folders" panel is actually visible, but with no content? 

What happens if you try to import new images by copy or by add, with the destination set to a different (I.e. external) drive?

And, could you provide a screen shot of the misbehaving Folders panel? Sounds like a bug to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question because LR isn't going to delete the folder(s) and it should be really fast and easy to use the Locate Missing Folder command to link them back to the catalog. But if the folders are gone, that's a big issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes correct the Folders Panel is there but nothing in it... I believe the import button was also non-functional. I am awaiting to see if the issue presents again and I have restored to a previous save and cautiously working. I also upgraged to 11.0.1 today in hopes that might also mitigate the issue... I will come back around with screen shots if it occurs again! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a screenshot of the folders panel

perhaps with grid mode on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will provide screenshots if the issue occurs again.. (I today upgraged to 11.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping with the latest update that this issue was gone... but unfortunately ..no... My Lightroom Classic just froze again and upon reboot Here is my screenshot. No folder structure, catalog numbers missing. If I right click on an image and select show folder in the library... nothing, If I click show in finder ... nothing, external editing .. not an option.Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 3.28.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-07 at 3.33.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did indeed do the preferences reset as well. Should have said that. 

Just in case, state for us how you did that.

This way, correct?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close Lightroom.
  2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
  3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
  4. Close Lightroom.
  5. Restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you create a brand new catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found the culprit.. I use a plugin from a service called Image Rights.. after I use one of the functions in that plugin, and close Lightroom, the issue appears the next time I open Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines