• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic v11 Mac Slow and CPU extensive

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic v11 Mac Slow and CPU extensive, anyone have any recommendations on how to improve performance?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Performance doing what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of Mac do you have, with how much memory? And is it a new Mac, or have you had it for a while?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 2017 5k retina 27", quad core i7 @ 4.2ghz, 16gb DDR4 ram, with SSD drive.  Mostly happens when in the develope module, but really mosy of the time.  I did not even know my Mac had a cooling fan until after the v11 release, now it is blowing hard when running lightroom classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 2017 5k retina 27", quad core i7 @ 4.2ghz, 16gb DDR4 ram, with SSD drive.  Mostly happens when in the develope module, but really mosy of the time.  I did not even know my Mac had a cooling fan until after the v11 release, now it is blowing hard when running lightroom classic.

By @ExSierra

These are symptoms that the CPU is working very hard (causing fans to run) and can't keep up (lag). Potentially due to the 5K screen. First, please turn on the GPU acceleration (Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Processor should be set to AUTO).

If that doesn't help, please try an experiment where you set the monitor resolution to 1920x1080 and use Lightroom Classic for a while (let's say 15 minutes). Does the problem get better/go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom (classic) since V1 all the way through this V11, and never had an issue.  I will look forward to a V11.1 to hopefully to resolve the issue.  Thanks for the recommendations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, something is very very wrong with Lightroom Classic v11.0 on my system (iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019, 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB RAM on macOS Monterey 12.0.1).

It takes about 40 seconds from launch until I see the first photo rendered in the Library module. Other things are super slow too, but that's where it starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the suggestions I mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines