• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic v11 print issue (color/density)

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running macOS Catalina on an Intel iMac, using a Canon pixma pro 10 printer.  My images are a mixture of Nikon and Sony raw files.  Some haven't been edited in a decade.  The most commonly used profiles are Adobe Standard and Camera Neutral.

I print greeting cards very frequently, larger images several times a year.  My iMac screen is calibrated as well as possible (brightness has always been an issue).  Lightroom manages prints, using color profiles supplied by the paper manufacturer.  **None of this has changed in months.**

I upgraded from Lightroom v10 to v11.  This is the ONLY thing that has changed.  

In v10, my prints matched the screen image (both normal and soft proofing) pretty accurately.  In v11, the images look the same on the screen, but they now print washed out, no matter what paper/icc I use.  I suspect ink density may be part of the issue (blacks aren't as black, colors aren't as saturated), but actual color seems to also matter.  Blues print only slightly lighter, but reds hardly print at all.  There is no discernable color cast, and the images are crisp.  Surprisingly (to me). I get the same result when I print "Managed by Printer".

Is this a known issue?  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Is there a fix?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble while printing with Lightroom Classic. Since when you have been seeing this issue? 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic by:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

You may also check this article see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/print-job-options-settings.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recreating the preferences file did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In terms of the display and print match (assuming again, the calibration and profile are built for a good match): First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any difference in screen to print matching while soft proofing with the output profile in Develop?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

To understand if the output is the issue: You should always test output using good color reference images designed for that task. The color reference images RGB values are such they are set for output and are editing and display agnostic. Test the output this way and examine for the same color issues so we know it's not your image specific issues causing the problems:http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines