• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic V11 will not open in OS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic V11 wont launch in OS Monterey, Apple Mac Mini M1.  Everytime I attempt to launch it, the Lightroom hangs and is not responding. Have tried uninstall and install, but still will not launch. Is this a know issue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time LrC was in use, did it get closed properly, or did you force quit, or crashed? Is a lock file in the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I launched Lightroom was using OS Big Sur. The lauching issue strated after installing OS Monterey and updating Lightroom to v11.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face the same issue ... not starting sinde the update on Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support who remotely fixed the issue. It took the technician a while to find a solution, but he got it working. I also had to crest a new catalogue as the one I usually used would not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue right now. Waiting for some tutorial on the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, V11 not starting on Monterey. Had to reinstall 10.4, this is working. Still a shame.
Hope they will fix the issue swiftly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: Since support chat is only open at office hours (where I am at my day job) this option is not open to me. Not overly user-friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same thing happening here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report this in the Bugs part of the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same since updating to Monterey on an Intel iMac Pro 2017. LrC hangs at "reading preferences". Everything works fine on my PC when I tried the same catalogue and V11 of LrC. Rolled back to V10.4 for now on iMac, but this is annoying, but hopefully fixed in the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting/renaming the preferences file. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that before, but tried it again. Still hangs at same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, as detailed below. What finally did the trick: I contacted support. They had me swipe Creative Cloud completely from my system and reinstall it, following a certain routine and using Adobe's tools for it.
Now LrC runs smoothly on Monterey.
The routine I got only in my native German, but maybe it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this too earlier today. Tried it and but still hanging. I've got a feeling it sadly got to be something on my computer if all these options aren't working for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running onto the same situation. Tried the steps above and no go. Anyone have any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to resolve it. I ended up using a recent backup catalog which resolved the issue.

Went into finder and deleted all catalog related files in the folder. When lightroon started it couldn't find the catalog and asked me what to do. I selected a catalog from the backup folder and the app loaded fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that on different drives to see if it was where the images might be located too after ready the above answer. I'm running out of ideas apart from getting a different iMac or Macbook to try it on and see if it something that is just happening on a Mac and not on a PC (I have a video editing PC and LrC v11 works fine on it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved... At least for me. It was one of my own made presets that was causing LrC v11 to hang at "loading preferences". I slowly added small amounts of my own presets and narrowed it down to one that was causing LrC to hang. I deleted that one and then LrC v11 opens fine. Don't know if that will work for other people with this kind of same problem, but maybe it's another thing to try if you haven't already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines