• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic version: 9.1 on Windows 10 Home — Not responding

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after startup Lr stop responding — this now happens every time Lr is run. A spinning blue doughnut appears, a black rectangle is displayed top and centre, then the remainder of the window turns a translucent grey. This last for a minute or more, during which time the screen is unresponsive. Eventually the display clears (usually a few seconds after I've fire up Task Manager) and normal operation is resumed.

This behaviour only started happening recently and hasn't been fixed by an uninstallation and re-installation of the software.  I read another thread for this problem and tried a couple of suggestions, like switching off GPU support and checking for disk space availability (92GB free out of  237GB on SSD) but to no avail.

I attach a screen grab of the error, screen grab of the Performance tab in Preferences and a text file of System Info.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted, please... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Installed Plugins: 

1) AdobeStock

2) Export to Photomatix Pro

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) HDR Efex Pro 2

6) LensTagger Exif Tool

7) LogiOptions

8) LRT Export 5

9) Luminar 2018

10) Nikon Tether Plugin

11) Zerene Stacker Plugin

Additional observation, this should not have impact on your current issue. In plug-in info, Logitech Options. That plug-in is only needed if you assign LRC shortcuts to mouse buttons and/or use the dial on a craft keyboard. zIf you are just using the mouse and/or

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Displays: 1) 2560x1440

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 

DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (26.21.14.3200

So, a couple of observations

1. GPU

NVIDIA 750ti driver version 432.00

out of date, current available v 441.87

You should have a NVIDIA  app called GeForce Experiance, check it for updates, then use it to check for and update your GPU  driver. Never ever rely on MS updates for non MS devices.

Edit/When updating that GPU driver, consider a clean install, In the GeForce Experience install of a new driver, I think, that involves crossing custom. Sometime previous drivers when updated can leave garbage behind that fouls things up.

2. Not running 4K,

so Use GPU in LRC probably not of much use, thry with and without on a photo with lots of edits, especially lots of adjustment brushes, if no performance difference scrap that, as sometimes use a GPU fouls things up on non 4K. Probably not fouling up launching your catalog, Use GPU applies to Develop module, not Library module typically brought up at LRC launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Plugins: 

1) AdobeStock

2) Export to Photomatix Pro

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) HDR Efex Pro 2

6) LensTagger Exif Tool

7) LogiOptions

8) LRT Export 5

9) Luminar 2018

10) Nikon Tether Plugin

11) Zerene Stacker Plugin

Additional observation, this should not have impact on your current issue. In plug-in info, Logitech Options. That plug-in is only needed if you assign LRC shortcuts to mouse buttons and/or use the dial on a craft keyboard. zIf you are just using the mouse and/or keyboard in the traditional way, no use for that plug-in

Now that plug-in has been known to create issues. One showing up when you delete multiple photos. You might consider disabling that plug-in

Also, a year or more ago cyber security concerns showed up with both the LogiOptions software and the wireless dongles firmware, make sure both are up to date (you do need the LogiOptions software for mouse/keyboard, just not the plug-in)

links on security issue

https://www.businessinsider.com/logitech-mouse-keyboard-mousejack-fix-2019-7

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/vulnrebility-logitech-options-users-should-uninstall-immediately.h...

links on lightroom/logioptions problems

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-9-1-slow-start/m-p/10832104

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/an-internal-error-occurred.34290/

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-cc-2019-crash-when-removing-photo...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/frequent-error-when-removing-photos-from-catalog/m-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

575C2E20-28BF-4F12-A847-99D40D45247B.jpeg

Followup. After you update your GPU driver, consider changing Custom in the use GPU to automatic, and see if LRC changes the results. New GPU drivers can result in a change. If you want to revert to custom to force High, Ok try it. if you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for all of your help David — I think it's fixed now!

1. Updated NVIDIA driver to 441.87 — didn't seem to make any difference.

2. Disabled GPU — no luck again.

3. Tried launching LRC in Develop mode — BINGO! not freezing.

4. Reverted to launching in Library mode — problem returned.

5. Disabled LogiOptions plugin — Problem solved!  Able to launch both in Develop and in Library mode.

6. Remembered that I bought a new Logitech mouse last week — AAAARGH! That's when Lr started misbehaving...

Thanks again for your assistance, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That LogiOptions fouls up the oddest things. I will have to add that to my normal list if things to try before a reinstall, in fact before a preference file reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for ressurecting this thread, but it would be really nice if this issue could be fixed without disabling Logitech Options.

I know it's been a well known bug for years, and neither Logitech nor Adobe want's to address the issue.

I like the options however as I have the Craft Keyboard with the Dial I use for editing in LR (Much faster and more precise than moving the mouse). I also have undo actions and copy actions assigned to mouse buttons to speed up editing.

Any idea how we can get Adobe and Logitech to take this "stalling" on load issue serious? There are hundreds of posts online about the issue across several years, so it's definitely not a fluke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines