Lightroom classic very slow

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

Lately, my lightroom classic is very slow and it´s getting really annoying.

I have a MacBook Pro.

2,9 Ghz quad core, intel core i7

16 GB memory

Videocard Radeon Pro 460, 4GB

Even the pointer of my mouse is not in a fluid motion anymore at times.

If i want to work for instance with my healing brush it constantly shows the ´colored ball´ (waiting thing).

The macbook fan is also blowing wind all the time. Is that normal?

What is wrong?

I have over 130 GB space left, so that can´t be it.
Who can help me? Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic you're using along with your computer's macOS version? Is the catalog saved on an external drive?

The fan of the Macbook running on full may indicate that the Mac is heating up & the system is trying to run the fan that high to cool it down. In these cases, the machine may reduce its processing speed to conserve itself (this is called thermal throttling).

You can try adding Lightroom Classic to the Accessibility list for macOS along with Full disk access using the steps suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this happen all the time, or only when you perform local adjustments, like brushing or spot healing?

How big (in pixels or megapixels, not megabytes) are your original images?

How big is your monitor (in pixels, not inches)?

Have you tried turning your GPU acceleration (Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Processor) on or off? Is one better than the other?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines