• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Vr11 Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 11 is crashing again and again. Simply stops working and the screen goes black and the computer locks and needs a hard re-start, or Lightroom just disappears altogether. It is happening multiple times per day, usually after one to two hours working. Sometimes preceded by the program becoming slow and unresponsive but not always. Latest crash was on sky selection but it is not exclusive and seems pretty random. No error messages.Windows version 20H2. Latest version of Lightroom. Was quite OK before the update.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe or Microsoft?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see any crash report. The whole computer just goes down.

I don't know how to fill out a crash report. I was trying to find one
and only found the forum. Sorry to be a bit dopey but it is not obvious
to me where to find any information.

Mark

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Asus rog strix laptop with RTX 3060 and ryzen 9 processor with 16gb ram. Crashes with no dialog to report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked and crash reports were on but I re-set them to on again just in case, as advised on the website. However when the system dies, it dies and the computer simply crashes with no chance of any dialog or crash report. On two occasions Lightroom died and the system stayed alive but Lightroom just froze the whole system that necessitated a re-boot anyway. Not sure what else I can do to give you any helpful information except that one time it was during sky detection. Not helpful I know. Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same thing too.  Only since the update to v11, prior to that I had no issues like this.  

As stated in the OP, the crash starts by locking LR.  It gets a bit sluggish and then just locks.  Clicking on anything just gives me a ding on the computer.  Then the rest of the computer starts to crash.  I get messages about various apps crashing, my second monitor disconnects.  Browser won't open.  After a few minutes of trying to click on things or close programs via task manager, the whole thing goes dark.  At that point the only thing I can do is hold down the power button and start  over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines