Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic web gallery not fully uploading

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Unable to create a web page. For years I have had no problem uploading a collection and creating a site for my clients.  Now I am unable to do so, get an error message after 80% of images have uploaded that sever has not responded in time. Had this problem back in November but managed after many tries to get a couple of weblinks uploaded. 

I use A Photo Folio (for past 12 years) and their techs checked, no issue on their side. 

Using Mac Monterey 12.0.1  and LR Classic 11.2 release

Sever and path are correct. 

I am in Portugal and have tried this with my VPN off as well as on in the US

Any suggesstions to get this to work will be helpful. 

If this doesnt work, any suggestions on how/where to create a web gallery for my clients?

Thank you so much!

Julien

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

How many photos are you uploading at once?  I have never had a timeout with Web Module using Hostgator as my host

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I don't know how you got away using Upload for so long. The internal FTP in Lightroom is really basic. Using Export and a dedicated FTP program is a far better option. Transmit is pretty good, but Filezilla is also great -and it's free.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say I do this all the time. Here's my workflow. 

• Web Gallery>Export
  • Export folder>BetterZip for a single file upload
  • Zip>Transmit>Upload
  • Open Cpanel (my site's admin panel), then go to the upload folder in File Manager. 
  • Right click on Zip and choose Extract. 

Sounds more complicated than it is, but the single file upload is far faster and more reliable. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Apologies but I am unfamiliar with Transmit and Filezilla and feel a bit out of touch since I have not been working over the past 2 years due to covid. Getting back into things now.

So I can explain myself a bit more clearly, what I need is essentially a lightbox. I have one client who is a photo buyer and they like to be able to view the images from this type of set up as well as another corporate client who needs to make final selects for their executive portraits.

No problem sending final image files via ftp but does your process allow for something like I have mentioned above?

Here is a quick example of what my client(s) are used to getting. 

Have a great weekend. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A complete alternative is to create a collection, and selecting the 'Sync with Lightroom' option when you create it.

newcollection.png

When the files complete syncing, go to https://lightroom.adobe.com and login. Click the Icon that looks like a profile with a + on it (top right).

shareicon.png

This opens the sharing panel. Enter the email of the person you wish to share with. 

shareandinvitepanel.png

The person then gets the invite and a link to click on. To make a like or leave a comment, they need to be logged in to Adobe.com. This can be via Facebook etc, so a quick login is possible. 

yellowbubble.png

A yellow speech bubble then appears on the collection letting you know there are comments and likes. Left clicking on the bubble brings up a dialog that has the option 'Review Comments'.

reviewcomments.png

This sorts the collection into 'Last Comment Time' order. The liked and commented photos will go to the top. They'll have a yellow bubble badge on them.

yellowbadge.png

At this point I usually mark these with a red label so even when I change sort, I know the selects and can filter on them. The benefit of this is the likes and comments get added to Lightroom automatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting option. Some of the collections are uploading and some are not, may still be a connectivity issue with my server in Portugal but nice to have this as a back up.

Thank you!

Julien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem Julien. It also gave me a topic to blog about, so I'm gonna fill out more detail and post it soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many photos are you uploading at once?  I have never had a timeout with Web Module using Hostgator as my host

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

I have never had this issue before until this past fall and again this week. Previously I have uploaded small and large galleries: 30 - 200+ images. Just did a test gallery of 5 images and it went through and now tried the one with 64 images and it finally went thought BUT the next one with 84 did not make it.

I am in Lisbon Portugal so I am guessing this must be a connection issue and will need to try this on off hours with less traffic. Quite frustrating though. 

Just tested my connection speed. 261mbps on download 17mbps on the uploads

Thank you so much for you time

Julien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julien,

I just tested 84 photos using a 5X4 grid in the Classic Gallery and set the Image Page size to 2071px which is the max size and 86% quality and my Internet Upload Speed is 12mbps to HostGator and it uploaded correctly and quicker than I expected.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that out for me Bob. I'll do the same protocols when I get back, traveling this week. Hopefully it will work as well as yours.

Have a great weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this a couple more time with 135 photos and 150 and it worked both times.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,
Thanks again. Better luck this time. I changed my settings to match yours and this helped. 

Enjoy your week!

Julien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried a variety. Some are making it up at 85 images, one collection of 153 went through but the other at 250 did not. That one I am breaking up into a smaller collection. It still is kind of random. 

Julien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines