• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic web gallery swipe gesture on mobile devices

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks in advance for your great work!

I'm just wondering if there is any posibility how to turn on the swipe gesture on mobile devices in the web gallery on my websites. I know, that there is an option to tap the side of the phone using an arrow to reach next photo, but the swipe gesture will be really user friendly here. 

I tried to change the code of the auto generated template with some javascript, but with no result. Do you have some advice how to achieve this feature please?

Cheers,
Jakub

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Are you open to a different workflow? Rather than use Lightroom Classic Web, you could create synced collections and use lightroom.adobe.com to share with clients, friends, your portfolio and more. It's a departure from the web module but you gain a lot of usabililty features. There's always something to tradeoff but you might prefer it if you give it a chance. One of the features you gain is Swipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you open to a different workflow? Rather than use Lightroom Classic Web, you could create synced collections and use lightroom.adobe.com to share with clients, friends, your portfolio and more. It's a departure from the web module but you gain a lot of usabililty features. There's always something to tradeoff but you might prefer it if you give it a chance. One of the features you gain is Swipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for quick reply! I'll try it definitely.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing holding me back from sharing using Lightroom.adobe.com (LR) is not being able to watermark the images, which can be done in Lightroom Classic (LRC). Hoping you might share when/if watermarking LR web gallery images might be an option? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a collection it is an extra step to export that collection to add your watermark (make sure to add this exported collection back into the catalog) . It's a tradeoff and probably still faster to do that than to create a web gallery which then needs to  be uploaded to your server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WHAT an awesome question!!!  I woudl also like to do this, and see below however there seems to NOT be a solution?  

I would like to transfer my Lightroom Web Galleries  (about 62,000 photos)   from LRC to my hosted website NOT some Adobe or other Cloud site.  I woudl think I need a Web Gallery Template that has this feature but since switching from Lightroom 6.x to Lightroom Classic the template support for Web Galleries appears to have dryed up.  The one a bought in the past don't work or are unsupported???  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines