• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic will not access Photo App.

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have recently downloaded Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. I have a Macbook Pro running Ventura 13.1. I have the latest version of Lightroom Classic 12.2. I cannot import hotos from my Photo App in my harddrive. Lightroom will only access photos from my 'Picture' folder. I have as far as i can seen given all of the required permissions for Lightroom to access my Photo App but it doesn't seem to recognise it. 

Anyone got any ideas. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Bill. Thanks for your reply. Followed all the instuctions but it wouldn't let me import the pulug in as it said the Photo App does not appear to be an iPhoto Library. 

The importer plug-in expects version 9.5.1 or newer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple iPhoto and Apple Photos are not the same. The plugin can only import the older iPhoto library, not the newer Photos library. Export the photos from the Photos library as 'Unmodified Original'. Then you can import them just like any other photo.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two more options for importing photos from the Photos app into LR Classic:

1. Import the photos into LR Desktop (Cloud) using the menu command File > Migrate From > Apple Photos Library.  Enable Cloud Sync in LR Classic to sync the photos from LR Desktop.

2. Use the Avalanche app, which will convert edits you've made in Photos into LR Classic Develop settings and do the best job of preserving metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do realise that if you want to use Lightroom (cloud), then your standard 20GB of cloud space in the Photography Plan will most likely not be enough to import the Photos library, unless it's fairly small.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines