• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic will not light import button in import box

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has been going on for some time.  When I have Lightroom Classic open and click import the box opens up, but does not give me the option to click "import" it is darkened out.  I have a destination chosen and where ti import from.....the button just doesn't light.  so.......what is going wrong?  Thank you for any help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Can I suggest you use the expanded Import dialog- by one mouse-click on the triangle icon on the lower left corner:

2021-06-06 10_48_32-Lightroom Classic will not light import button in ... - Adobe Support Community .jpg

Then you will have a full view of the Destination panel with Destintaion Folders indicated.

@dj_paige FYI Are you aware that you do not have to "download" anything from an attachment link. One click on the link now opens in a Preview window where you can Magnify, Rotate, and view Full-screen. But it is certainly one extra mouse-click and a wait while the preview shows!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of the ENTIRE Import dialog box. Please include this screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I see.  I have tried changing the Copy as DNG to Copy or anything else!  I have changed the destination file, but that makes no difference.  I hope this is a simple fix and you will just look and see the problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating: Please include this screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I suggest you use the expanded Import dialog- by one mouse-click on the triangle icon on the lower left corner:

2021-06-06 10_48_32-Lightroom Classic will not light import button in ... - Adobe Support Community .jpg

Then you will have a full view of the Destination panel with Destintaion Folders indicated.

@dj_paige FYI Are you aware that you do not have to "download" anything from an attachment link. One click on the link now opens in a Preview window where you can Magnify, Rotate, and view Full-screen. But it is certainly one extra mouse-click and a wait while the preview shows!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I will do that....but is the problem with my destination folder?.....No I did not know anything about not having to "download" anything from an attachment link.  I am not very good with Lightroom.....So maybe that is why I am having this problem.  Thank you.....I will try that with the destination folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok....I just tried that.  It expanded my destinations and also I clicked on my camera and it promptly started importing.  I have no idea why that would work, but hopefully, this has fixed it.  Thank you so very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes an Import does not work unless you have selected a suitable Destination folder.

It has been reported that simply changing the Destination folder from A to B, and then B back to A, has allowed the import to proceed. (If I recall correctly - a @dj_paige suggestion 🙂  )

"I did not know anything about not having to "download" anything from an attachment link". My comments about this were for the benefit of dj_paige and how this FORUM now works. In the past when a screen-clip was added to a forum post as an attachment- the viewer had to 'download' the screen-clip attachment to their computer (with risk of malware included). Now attachments open in a preview window without the risks inherent in a 'download'. It remains easier to see screen-clips if they are included within a post by using the [Insert Photos] icon above your forum reply.

2021-06-14 09_16_58-Solved_ Re_ Lightroom Classic will not light import button... - Adobe Support Co.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!  Now I understand. what you were talking about.....and truthfully I am new here and did not even notice that there were 2 different people answering.  Duh!  I am really surprised that changing that destination folder worked!.....it seems like such a small thing to fix the import problem....but it is fixed.  I downloaded more pictures yesterday.  So, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines