• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightRoom Classic will not open on my laptop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly LR Classic will not open on my laptop. I click, the process starts in Task Manager using 5-10% or so CPU, but no windows open. It is not that the window is hidden.

remymerm_0-1635616429942.png

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, updating lightroom, and creative cloud. I have tried uninstalling all CC products, CC, and running the Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool twice now as well.

remymerm_2-1635616429899.png

No idea why this happened. Only having this issue w/ LR. Illustrator, PS, Bridge, Indesign, Acrobat, all works fine.

On Windows 10 Home, V10.0.19043 Build 19043. No pending Windows Updates are available. 

Would much appreciate some help as I need LR to complete an upcoming project for class.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Update : SOLVED.

Not exactly sure which of these steps solved it, but here is what I did, again for some steps:

1) Uninstalled LrC

2)Restart

3) Delete all LrC Folders

4) Run Disk Cleaner

5) Restart

6) Uninstall all Adobe Products left

7) Uninstall CC

8) Run Adobe CC Cleaner

9) Restart

10) Update Nvidia GeForce Drivers

11) Install CC

12) Install LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time you were using LrC, did you close it down nicely, or did you force quit, or perhaps, did it crash?

If did not close properly, have you checked for the lock file existing as opposed to having been properly defeated?

Be careful to delete the correct file

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this again, I did try this first though. If I recall correctly the last time I used LrC it closed nicely, and I did a backup of my library.

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update : Tried again, there is no lock file in the folder atm. When I start LrC, a bunch of folders populate in C:\Users\remym\Pictures\Lightroom and then "flash", if that is the right way to describe it, they appear and dissapear... 

those files are:

Light Room Catalog.lrcat-wal

TemporaryImportData.db

TemporaryImportData.db-wal

LightRoomCatalog.lrcat-shm

No clue if this relevent to the issue though. I ran the Adobe Log Collector tool.

When I use the CC Cleaner tool, I chose "clean all", but there are several options, is that the right one? Should I try a different one?

Nothing shows up in the Windows Event Viewer when I try to open or close LrC. 

Running as Admin does not help either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, no lock file, and many if not all temporary files that get created at start are being created, apparently no lock file being created, must be crashing before that occurs.

Wondering if the preference file is so corrupt that it fails. The preference file will survive uninstalls, reinstalls, updates, upgrades.

During LrC startup, the splash screen will show that the preference file is being read, well normally, does it crash right about then?

You might want to consider manually resetting the preference file

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Note that various settings will revert to defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help.

Tried manually resetting/deleting it, and restarting. 

I do not even get a splash screen. Nothing pops up when I click on LrC. The only way I know its running is by seeing the process in Task Manager. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update : SOLVED.

Not exactly sure which of these steps solved it, but here is what I did, again for some steps:

1) Uninstalled LrC

2)Restart

3) Delete all LrC Folders

4) Run Disk Cleaner

5) Restart

6) Uninstall all Adobe Products left

7) Uninstall CC

8) Run Adobe CC Cleaner

9) Restart

10) Update Nvidia GeForce Drivers

11) Install CC

12) Install LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines