• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic will not open

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my windows 10 laptop today to lightroom classic and now the app will not open, when I click on open I get a spinning disc for a fraction of a second and then nothing else happens, I have tried uninstall and reinstall and still no good, I have tried run the program exe direct from the folder and again nothing.

Anyone have any ideas I really need access to my edits

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

For anyone else having this issue after trying many fixes on the internet, I finally managed to get lightroom to run by updating my display driver. Windows event viewer did list an access violation for lightroom but did not point to the display driver as being the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else having this issue after trying many fixes on the internet, I finally managed to get lightroom to run by updating my display driver. Windows event viewer did list an access violation for lightroom but did not point to the display driver as being the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My display driver is at the most current level.  This fix did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have resurrected a thread that is almost 4 years ago and it is marked as answered. It's therefore unlikely it will attract the expected attention.

It would be better if you created a new thread indicating the exact version of the Lightroom you are using an also the version number of your operating system. Also provide details of the problem you are experiencing.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the samde problems.  It was worfking perfectly until the last update and now it will not respond.  I get mu;ltip[le entries in Task Manager,.  I have tried deleting the lock file, uninstalling and reinstalling and all ogther suggestions but nothing.  Why am I paying a subscription fee for something I can not use.  I would much rather go back to the buy the program rather than this f"ckin subscription crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try disabling GPU in preference, better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines