Lightroom Classic will not open

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get Lightroom Classic to open today. Photoshop will open - but all I get is the splash page and the spinning beach ball. Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is an issue with BOTH Lightroom Classic and Photoshop? 

For Photoshop, try resetting preferences first. Press and hold Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

You can try resetting LRs preferences too:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For LrC, the last time it worked, did you close it down properly, or did you force quit, or did it crash?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom was closed down properly, and a backup was made. It looks like the problem is fixed today. Not sure what was causing the issue. I made sure that LR was pointing to the right catalog, and it opened fine. Thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made a recent update/ upgrade to your macOS or LrC.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me almost daily.  Sometimes LRC crashes and does this, sometimes I have to force quit due to LRC locking up, sometimes it's because I have logged in on my macbook pro and logged out my iMac.  It is beyond frustrating for sure.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines