• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Will Not Open

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Lightroom Classic to open on my Windows 10 computer (up to date). I have done the latest update for Lightroom just tonight to see if that was the problem. I have logged out of Creative Cloud and back in and restarted my computer. I have uninstalled the app and re-intalled the app and restarted the computer. Photoshop is working. Camera Raw is working. Everything else is working in Creative Cloud, but when I click on Lightroom NOTHING happens. When I do task manager it says it is running as a background process. I found an old article saying how to fix it, but it doesn't work. What the heck is going on? I have 2 galleries I NEED to finish this week.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. I found an old article saying how to fix it, but it doesn't work. 

Not a clue as to what info you are referring to, so...

Check the folder your LrC catalog is in for a lock file. If LrC closed properly, their should be no lock file. If you force quit LrC, or LrC crashed, then the lock file will still exist, it would have not been deleted.

Be careful to delete the correct file.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:   https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

  

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html 

If this doesn't help please try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

  

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com) 

  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I use the shift-alt method the box that shows in your article doesn't show up and I can't seem to find any of the means to following the directions for the other method. My husband even tried to help and we are both completely lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You press down and hold both the shift key and the alt key, and while pressing down, you use your mouse to start LrC as normal, correct?

And this is Windows, correct?

And the icon, the shortcut you cluck on is LrC, not Lr, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I pressed down and hold both shift and alt key and while pressing down I double clicked on LrC as normal. The screen shown in the article does not come up. Yes it is Windows. The icon on the shortcut and everywhere is LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hold down shift and alt key and click on shortcut for LrC I get an Adobe Lightroom Classic Properties box with options for Security, Details, Previous Versions, General, Shortcut, and Compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to graphics settings on my computer there is a place for Graphics performance preference and I can choose an app to set preference and I've added LrC and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on another members problem, where do you keep your catalog? A hard drive, or the cloud, or a NAS, or a Server Share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to risk sounding really dumb here, but I don't know. When I load images into LrC they create a Pictures file on my computer so I am going to say my hard drive. I can see a file that is labeled Lighroom Catalog- 3-v10-v11.lcrat.lock like your post above, but it keeps cycling between .lock and -shm and -wal and I cannot get it stop. I don't want to delete the wrong one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With LrC not running, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

and be very careful as to delete the correct file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have even done this and it doesn't change a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H-VUxtI-Tg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... uninstalled and reinstalled.   it sometimes opens and when i try to open a catalogue i goes back to desktop or sometimes a blackstrip across the desktop with Lightroom classic on it.    I am not tech savvy and need step by step instructions on how to solve this issue please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the alt+shift and pressed on the Lightroom Classic Icon in Creative Cloud and it opened lightroom with no catalogue.  I then browsed for the catalogue and pointed to it and then the Lightroom screen vanishes and I get a black strip across my desktop saying

Lightroom-opening:LightroomCatalog-3-2-V10-V11.Lrcat.

This is windows 10. Please can someone help me.  I am in Australia and not tech savvy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines