• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic will not synchronize metadata with file

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about 1 % af my photos (dng, jpg, tiff) Lightroom Classic will not synchronize metadata with files. I have tried

- Save Metadata to File
- Read Metadata From File
- Update DNG Preview & Metadata

but without any success. Metadata status continues to be "Has been changed", no mater what I do.

I also have tried to change some develop settings for those photos, which helped in a few cases, but not all.

System info:
Lightroom Classic version: 11.3.1 [ 202204181225-f90ebff5 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19044
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 2,9GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to change metadata to one image in bridge, than go to LR and see if you can see the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy,

Thanks a lot! I have changed some metadata in Bridge and then back in Lightroom Classic been able to synchronize metadata with files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it actually not save the metadata or does the status not change? Have you checked using other software (directly opening in camera raw from Bridge/Photoshop would be a good test) whether indeed the metadata is not updated? The status flag is not always reliable I have noticed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jao,

Thanks a lot for your information about the status flag not always being reliable. I haven't checked, and in my case this may have been the problem. I fixed it, though, by changing some metadata in Bridge and then back in Lightroom Classic synchronizing metadata with files.

Hopefully this bug with the status flag can be fixed in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought. There is an option "Automatically write changes to XMP", that does not include reading from the file and automatically applying changes. The read from the file requires a manual imput.

Quote, "I fixed it, though, by changing some metadata in Bridge and then back in Lightroom Classic synchronizing metadata with files."

Explain how you "synchronize metadata from the file"?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DdeGannes,

In order to synchronize the metadata in the file with the metadata in the Lightroom database I went to the Library module and selected the photo I wanted to synchronize, then selected Metadata -> Read metadata from file in the menu. 

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines