• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR won't edit in PS, greyed out

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to edit an image in PS but it's greyed out. PS is open. When I click on photo to get to edit in photoshop it's greyed out

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Correct the link in Registry(Windows) or correct the plist file on Mac: 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing

Try to deinstall Lightroom and Photoshop, run the Adobe Clenaer Tool and install the programs again.

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you moved the image file?  What version of Lightroom?  What version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved image files from without Lr (finder on mac / explorer on Windows) opposed to from within Lr is the #1 cause of 'Edit In' being disabled.

Being signed out of PS could also be a cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Reasons for "greyed out" that I know-

1) The Photo is 'missing'  Lr shows a ! on the thumbnail, or a complete folder is 'missing' showing a ?.

2) There is no image selected. (Not often seen, but is possible by Ctrl+D )

3) Lr only has access to a Smart Preview. (Full size original file must be available to Lr)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr said it only had acess to a Smart Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Martha22038820i8pc  You (very brief) reply suggests you are using the 'Cloud' version of Lightroom-Desktop?

Lightroom-Classic would not show any message- just 'greyed-out' menues.

Lightroom-Desktop may give this message if the image was synced up to the Cloud from Lr-Classic, or you are not on-line for Lr to access the full-size file in the Cloud.

Please include the following in your questions:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realized it was just that folder of pics. I removed my rejected photos and that caused my originals to be lost. I did not have a problem with sending pics to Photoshop from other folders.

Be Joyful! Martha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what @Rob_Cullen wrote.

You said "LR only have access to the Smart Preview". It seems that you have stored your  original files on a external hard drive. In this case connect the appropriate drive so LR can access the original files. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct the link in Registry(Windows) or correct the plist file on Mac: 'Edit In Photoshop' command missing

Try to deinstall Lightroom and Photoshop, run the Adobe Clenaer Tool and install the programs again.

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I'm relatively computer illiterate, but thankfully married a computer nerd.  I just read him your response in the hopes that he could help me fix this issue of Edit in Photoshop being greyed out, and he asked what link you're talking about.  Is that something that would need to be changed on each individual photo, or something more general?  I found I've got numerous photos in which that option is greyed out and the full sized originals are still on the computer where they've always been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "link" that @AxelMatt refers to is a Windows Registry link (Editing the Registry is a "nerd's" job!) The method is in the web-link provided by Axel: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

IMO this "link" problem is more likely to give error messages like "Photoshop cannot be opened, or found"

There is also the "link" between the catalog and the location of image files. When the catalog loses this reference, LrC indicates the images as "Missing", which will show the [Edit-In] menu command as greyed out. See my post above- https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lr-won-t-edit-in-ps-greyed-out/m-p/9584708#M87215

"Missing" files need to be re-linked to the catalog by -

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends,  I appreciate the advice given re: correct item in registry... no idea how to do that. Suggestions welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just had the same problem.

will try the solution. but have to say: if you ask customers to re-install all the software, this is a major bug and should be handled with a bit more "sh_t, we are sorry"... i am angry right now, because i pay for this software and now i have to go through this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the three points I mentioned on 26/12/2017 above?

They will still apply even if you re-install LrC & Ps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We apologize for the challenges you're having trouble sending files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop for further editing. Please refer to the troubleshooting article below, which offers solutions to address the following problems: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-edit-in-errors.html?cgen=6JMR79DQ&mv=other

1. The "Edit In" command is grayed out.
  2. The "Edit In Photoshop" command is missing.
  3. The "Edit In" command fails to open photos in Photoshop.

We hope the suggested solutions in the article will assist in resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Air and recently my LrC has greyed out "edit in Photoshop" even after the following: 

1. Macbook is 100% updated with macOS Big Sir 11.5.1 

2. Uninstalled both LrC and PS 

3. Reinstalled both LrC and PS and made sure both were fully updated. 

- "edited in Photoshop" is still greyed out and not available to edit LrC photos in PS. 

HELP!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check these points-

1) You have actually selected (highlighted) photos to edit. (would be rare!)

2) Check the selected photos are not 'Missing'. ie. marked with a [!] or the folder marked [?]

3) Check you are not using only Smart Previews. The original full-size files need to be attached and available.

If those are OK, check this link-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html?sdid=952G...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the "edit in PS" button greyed out when I have two or more photos selected.  It isn't greyed out when I only have one photo selected.  I have reinstalled both LR and PS without seeing any change.  This feature worked fine a few months ago.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce your problem in Lightroom-Classic.

Are you updated to v10.3 of Lightroom-Classic?

Or are you using Lightroom-Desktop v4.3 (Which DOES have the 'one image' restriction.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tylan0D4D wrote:

I have the "edit in PS" button greyed out when I have two or more photos selected.  It isn't greyed out when I only have one photo selected.  I have reinstalled both LR and PS without seeing any change.  This feature worked fine a few months ago.  Please help.

That sounds like you are using Lightroom (the cloud based version), not Lightroom Classic. Lightroom can only send one photo to Photoshop at a time.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the "edit in PS" button greyed out when I have two or more photos selected. 

By @Tylan0D4D

Please show us a screen shot, if you are truly seeing this in Lr Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me once when I replaced source files in another folder so Lightroom couldn't find the way to the source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sabboontuu  ,???

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines