Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Classic won't edit in Photoshop, greyed out options

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Air and recently my LrC has greyed out "edit in Photoshop" even after the following: 

1. Macbook is 100% updated with macOS Big Sir 11.5.1 

2. Uninstalled both LrC and PS 

3. Reinstalled both LrC and PS and made sure both were fully updated. 

- "edited in Photoshop" is still greyed out and not available to edit LrC photos in PS. 

HELP!!! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check these points-

1) You have actually selected (highlighted) photos to edit. (would be rare!)

2) Check the selected photos are not 'Missing'. ie. marked with a [!] or the folder marked [?]

3) Check you are not using only Smart Previews. The original full-size files need to be attached and available.

If those are OK, check this link-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html?sdid=952G...

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the "edit in PS" button greyed out when I have two or more photos selected.  It isn't greyed out when I only have one photo selected.  I have reinstalled both LR and PS without seeing any change.  This feature worked fine a few months ago.  Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce your problem in Lightroom-Classic.

Are you updated to v10.3 of Lightroom-Classic?

Or are you using Lightroom-Desktop v4.3 (Which DOES have the 'one image' restriction.)?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.4, Photoshop 22.5, Lightroom 4.4, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tylan0D4D wrote:

I have the "edit in PS" button greyed out when I have two or more photos selected.  It isn't greyed out when I only have one photo selected.  I have reinstalled both LR and PS without seeing any change.  This feature worked fine a few months ago.  Please help.

That sounds like you are using Lightroom (the cloud based version), not Lightroom Classic. Lightroom can only send one photo to Photoshop at a time.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have the "edit in PS" button greyed out when I have two or more photos selected. 

By @Tylan0D4D

Please show us a screen shot, if you are truly seeing this in Lr Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines