Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic won't import photo's

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am running Lightroom classic on a new 27" Mac, I use a Nikon D810.  When I try to import photo's with the camera or CF card, LRC won't recognize either source, they don't even show up on the source list.  I have been using LR for at least 10 years and have never experienced this issue.  I only surfaced when I had to download the internet, monthly subscription versions.  I initially had trouble downloading them as well but Adobe support took over my computer and fixed all the issues, so I don't think my problem has to do with the initial download of the program. 

Thanks and regards

Howard

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the camera or card reader show up in Finder? Are you able to copy the image files from the card reader to a folder on the Mac using Finder? If so, try importing from the folder using the ADD choice in LrC. 

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a common MACOS (Catalina and newer) cyber security  issue, a user error? Perhaps the app does not have complete files and folders rights?

see:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-files-and-folders-on-mac-mchld5a35146/mac

and:

https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

often MAC users make an error answering a security pop up, and fail to allow LrC access to removable volumns, happens once (first time LrC attempts) easily fixed.

CatalinaFilesandFolders.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines