• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic won't launch

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Lightroom Classic to launch. When I try to I get spinning wheel while the computer thinks about it for a second then nothing happens, but Lightroom Classic shows up as a Background Process in Task Manager. This only happens with Lightroom Classic, I also have Photoshop and Lightroom (not classic) and both of those work with no issue. I have tried un-installing + reinstalling including using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner but always with the same result (everything except Lightroom Classic works). Is anyone able to help or experienced something similar? Details below.

Creative Cloud 5.3.1.470

Lightroom Classic 10.0

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

You may have a corrupt Preferences file, which does not get deleted during an uninstall. Close the Lightroom Classic instance in task manager and then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut. When prompted, click Yes to reset Preferences.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Reset Preferences prompt is a small dialogue box, which may be hidden behind other windows. If you don't see it, try minimizing or closing all other open windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and have tried all the various suggestions to no avail.  

All Windows 11 updates completed, unable preferences reset, ACC up to date, LrC 11.4.1. Used and deleted LRC Downloader.  Sometimes, I get three instances of LRC running in the Task Manager...neither seems to start the program. 

1. Where is the preferences file; i'll delete it myself and 2. Any other ideas?

By @Buffalogrr

This is a 3 year old posting that you are adding into.Their have been several LrC updates since then, including the latest one that might be the problem. Also several updates/upgrades to computer Operating systems (and if you are MAC, the last one could be a problem)

So please post your own discussion. When you do, include at a minimum:

• OS version
  • LrC version
  • CPU 
  • RAM
  • GPU make/model
  • GPU driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, for the first time, LrC would not open from the desktop shortcut. I tried restarting the computer several times (Windows 11) which did not work. I came here and followed the Shift-Alt solution, which did not work either.

I went to the taskbar and opened Hidden Icons and clicked on the Abobe Creative Cloud desktop icon. That opened a window containing clickable icons for all of my Abobe programs. I double-clicked the LrC icon and Lightroom opened right up. I hope that helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me. It seems to happen for different reasons for everyone.

I just waited for the next app update, and it was right as rain. But this wasn't before I had uninstalled, reinstalled, moved folders...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hughes_nz , That is very same diagnosis that i have too, everything else works like Adobe Lightroom CC & Adobe Photoshop but just not Adobe Lightroom Classic.

But my Question to @Todd Shaner is how do i "Save your work" on Lightroom Classic, if cant even open your Lightroom Classic to do so, plus i have nothing i want to save all my images are exported from Lightroom Classic, i am Frustratedly waiting to get onto Lightroom Classic (which i pay £9.80 for) to edit some RAW Files of White Throathed Dippers, that i am Very Excited to see what i have Created, but i cant!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For me it turned out to be a bad catalouge file that the program was trying to open on with default. I found my folder with all my other catalouge files and then was able to open Lightroom Classic by clicking on those catalouge file links. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, your answer seems to be incomplete. "then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut."

Hold down the keys where? What am I supposed to select? What is the LrC shortcut? Where am I supposed to find this? I am on a 2023 machine with a web based LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, your answer seems to be incomplete. "then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut."

Hold down the keys where? What am I supposed to select? What is the LrC shortcut? Where am I supposed to find this? I am on a 2023 machine with a web based LR

By @Gary32476506mk7g

On your keyboard, use one finger to press down the ALT key, use another to press down on the SHIFT key, (do not let go) and use your mouse to click (double click?) on then icon on your desktop, or down in your taskbar, that is the LrC shortcut. (then release those buttons).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not opening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I encountered this issue, it was not the preferences file - it was a corrupt database.  I renamed the latest database, made a copy of the last backup file, and renamed that to the original database file name.  Then it launched fine.  Hopefully, you let the backup run every week or so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a corrupt Preferences file, which does not get deleted during an uninstall. Close the Lightroom Classic instance in task manager and then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut. When prompted, click Yes to reset Preferences.

nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines