• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic won't open.

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was fine yesterday. Am reluctant to uninstall and reinstall in case I lose anything. Any ideas please?

I've tried opening from the dock on my macbook as usual and even gone into Applications an tried from there, but no response.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic?

What is the version NUMBER of your operating system?

Please describe in detail what happens when you try to open LrC, how far you get, and the exact word-for-word error message.

Uninstalling/re-installing causes you to lose nothing. But it rarely solves problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
My LR Classic version is 11.3.1
My mac OS version is Monterey 12.3.1

It is installed in the dock. One click for two has no effect.
Right clicking gives Options, show all windows, Hide and Quit.
Options are Keep in dock,(ticked) Open at login,( also ticked) and show in finder

Hope that helps.

Janet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on this, Apple changed something in its draconian security rules in Mac OS 12.3.1 and many, many people here are experiencing a range of bad symptoms, requiring LR have Full Disk access (which was never required before). See this article for how to grant Full Disk Access:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Let us know whether this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - already had full disk access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I did this but it was ok.
Seems it didn’t quit because of a problem with backup folder.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Experiencing exact same problem on my end.

Running LR Classic 11.3.1 on Windows 10.

Everything up-to-date, LR just refuses to start.

Nothing happens, whether I try to launch from the LR icon or from Creativity Suite.

I do see LR running somewhere in the Windows Task Manager, but nothing happens.

Tried to uninstall / reinstall once (kept the preferences), it did not change anything.

Help please...

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see LrC running in the task manager, stop it from running, and then a few seconds later see if it will start properly.

Also, with LrC closed, try renaming your preference file and see if that helps. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Lastly, please let's get the name of the software and icons correct from now on; clarity is good, confusion is bad. Your software is Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom, and your icon is LrC, not Lr. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks sorry for the confusion then. Yes it's LrC not Lr.

None of the above is working unfortunately.

Tried to stop LrC from the Task Manager several times, with and without rebooting the machine, it makes no difference.

Tried to rename "Lightroom Classic CC 7 Preferences.agprefs" to "Lightroom Classic CC 7 Preferences OLD.agprefs", it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS note that it was working fine so far and that all other Adobe apps included in my package are working fine.

Except LrC 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines