• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Won't Open

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Please.  I can't get Lightroom Classic to open.  It worked fine for me last week.  Suddenly stopped launching.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I have logged in and out of Creative Cloud.  I have rebooted the computer.  I have updated all my computer drivers, then gone through the cycle again.  It doesn't matter if I try to launch it from my desktop shortcut, the start menu, or within Creative Cloud. I get the little blue circle that spins for a few seconds...then nothing.  I have tried to go back and open from a backup catalogue.  Same thing happens.  I've searched through the postings and tried a couple other random fixes I found in here.  Nothing is working for me.  Getting desperate for a resolution.  

I am operating on Windows 11 Pro, and have the most updated Lightroom version through subscription service.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that your preferences file is corrupt. This wasn't deleted by uninstalling Lightroom.

Please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:   https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your respose Axel.  This didn't work either.  I actually came across this in my other searches through the forum.  Just to be sure, I have tried it one more time.  And it again did nothing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response.  I did come across this advice in my searches through the forum previously.  I don't recall if I did this already, or if I never had it in the first place.  But I don't have a .lrcat.lock file that I can locate.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines